Guest Griphos Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 (edited) I've been driving the 1600 in Demo and was very impressed, so bought a license. The demo installed in nkpro11, but once I start the program, it says 1.2, so I assume I have the newest version, including patch C, but can't see where to confirm that. And when I tried to join my first online race, to watch a little, the only race going was Laguna Seca. So I downloaded the track from Radiator Springs and tried again. I was able to join, but the cars on the track just showed up as a light blue wire rectangle going around the track. Hmmmm.... I'm sure that's not right. I've looked for info about this on the forum, but haven't found any. What am I doing wrong? EDIT: Okay, I joined again and drove the car onto the track and the other cars showed as they should, so I guess this is something about trying to view what's happening in the Doom mode. Back to the manual.... Edited December 24, 2010 by Griphos
Guest D34N0 Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 Hi Griphos, Nice to have you on board. If you have the KS2 available then means you have 1.2. If you have a file in your NKPro folder called 'readme_12c.txt' then means you should have patch C. The wireframe car view is normal. It's to prevent any pause or frame drops when new people join the server. All you have to do is make your car stationary the the models will load. Hope to see you out on track soon Cheers
Guest Griphos Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 Thanks for the reply. Checked both of those, and I'm good, so it's 1.2c. And I saw in the manual (helpful things!) about the wire box after I wrote. As usual with noob questions, a little reading first usually makes them unnecessary. I'm very impressed with this sim, though, and am looking forward to getting up to speed, so to speak, with these cars and tracks and joining online. Very much looking forward to the 1.3 update with the Shelby as well! See you soon.
Guest Griphos Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Okay, I've been exploring more. I think I've got most things figured out. But I can't seem to figure out where and how to switch between grooved and slick tires on the cars. Also, I just got a G27 and the force feedback seems pretty strong. I can't find a place in the sim to adjust the feedback settings. I suppose I need to set up a new profile specifically for netKar in my Logitech profiler? I'm new to FFB as well. Are there recommended settings for this sim?
Go!tta Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 about the ffb just go in the game and in the setup of the gar go in the "view" page and change the gain value to a lower!!!
Guest Griphos Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 about the ffb just go in the game and in the setup of the gar go in the "view" page and change the gain value to a lower!!! Thank you very much sir! Merry Christmas.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now