Guest NickTh1 Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 I'm using an old XBox Gamepad (yeah, shoot me) and it only has analog shoulder buttons. I've gotten used to a control layout with gear shift on the shoulder buttons, and it doesn't cause any problems in rFactor, LFS, GTR 2, GTR Evolution nor in countless more arcadey titles like NFS Shift, GRID or DIRT 2. I've made some attempts to fiddle with config.ini, but it seems to me that netKar won't map from analog to boolean inputs. If Kunos or someone else involved happens to see this post and even briefly considers implementing this, please keep in mind that a hysteresis is needed for good analog to button map, i.e. the analog value should pass some threshold to be considered true, then pass some other lower value to be considered false. Otherwise 'chattering' may cause unintentional additional shifts. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of v1.0 a long time ago. Having downloaded version 1.2 yesterday, I think it's looking and feeling great. I certainly wouldn't mind spending some time with it, but the control issue will probably make it too much of a hassle. Thanks
Go!tta Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 did you try this program: http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm maybe you can do something with that, that can solve your problem!!
Guest NickTh1 Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 Yeah, that would seems like a good attempt. But as far as I can tell, netKar does not support simultaneous keyboard and analog input. When keyboard input is enabled, analog inputs are ignored. But for most games, your suggestion would have worked. Thanks anyway.
Guest Haupman Posted December 12, 2010 Posted December 12, 2010 If you enjoy racing sims a $100 wheel is more than worth it. :!!:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now