Guest achilleez13 Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 Hi all, I hate to come on here and moan because I absolutely love this sim, since I bought it a month ago others are uninstalled and it's now all I drive. Unfortunately though, recently I've been getting very high pings. I'm in the UK and I'm getting in the region of 500-650 to S.America/Australia and 150-250 to European servers. What's strange is that yesterday, all day, the ping seemed to normalize, with the highest being 250 to Brazil (which is probably what I would expect on 2Mbit ADSL) and 50-70 to Euro servers. However I logged in this morning and pings have more than doubled again.I'm now worried to drive online as I fear I will cause crashes due to lag. Is anyone else getting this? Is there anything I can do to help the problem? Any help/answers much appreciated.
Guest D34N0 Posted November 25, 2010 Posted November 25, 2010 (edited) I'm also getting some inconsistent car behaviour lately. But I'm not 100% convinced it's netKar causing the issue. Had a few cars slow to react or warping around the track even with very low pings. But there are other factors involved which could cause spikes in bandwidth availability. Watching the replay of other drivers with pings around 50, they do not appear smooth at all. But maybe that's an issue with the replay fidelity. You could try running a ping out of game and then a trace route and see if there's a difference in the ping in / out of game or a bottleneck (or too many hops) between you and the server you're trying to connect to. Here's one from my home to my server at work. PING 1.Get the servers IP address from the list. 2.Open a command prompt 3.type "ping [server ip]" C:\Users\Dean>ping 116.212.215.110 Pinging 116.212.215.110 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 116.212.215.110: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=248 Reply from 116.212.215.110: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=248 Reply from 116.212.215.110: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=248 Reply from 116.212.215.110: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=248 Ping statistics for 116.212.215.110: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 30ms, Maximum = 47ms, Average = 35ms TRACE ROUTE 1.Get the servers IP address from the list. 2.Open a command prompt 3.type "tracert [server ip]" C:\Users\Dean>tracert 116.212.215.110 Tracing route to [116.212.215.110] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1 2 30 ms 30 ms 29 ms lns20.per2.internode.on.net [150.101.0.207] 3 32 ms 30 ms 29 ms gi6-0-2.cor1.per2.internode.on.net [150.101.0.158] 4 33 ms 31 ms 34 ms gi0-0-7.per1.internode.on.net [150.101.172.185] 5 30 ms 30 ms 32 ms amnet.ix.waia.asn.au [198.32.212.33] 6 31 ms 30 ms 30 ms te7-1.cr02.wa.amcom.net.au [203.161.65.74] 7 129 ms 43 ms 43 ms ge1-0-2.gw14.wa.amnet.net.au [203.161.64.141] 8 34 ms 32 ms 31 ms exchangesrv.anthemsoftware.net [116.212.215.110] Trace complete. So this is a nice fast ping response with only 8 hops between my physical PC on 192.168.1.1 and the server on 116.212.215.110. So I should have no lag issues at all on this server (unless the other player has a poor connection to it). If I try the same thing to the netKarCentral.com server I get pings so high and so many long latency hops that I know not to bother connecting. It's just going to be too slow. That's not a fault of the game. Just our cr@ppy internet in Australia. PING C:\Users\Dean>ping 92.48.80.13 Pinging 92.48.80.13 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 92.48.80.13: bytes=32 time=415ms TTL=47 Reply from 92.48.80.13: bytes=32 time=436ms TTL=47 Reply from 92.48.80.13: bytes=32 time=448ms TTL=47 Reply from 92.48.80.13: bytes=32 time=415ms TTL=47 Ping statistics for 92.48.80.13: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 415ms, Maximum = 448ms, Average = 428ms Trace Route C:\Users\Dean>tracert 62.149.201.157 Tracing route to host157-201-149-62.serverdedicati.aruba.it [62.149.201.157] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1 2 30 ms 30 ms 29 ms lns20.per2.internode.on.net [150.101.0.207] 3 30 ms 30 ms 31 ms gi6-0-2.cor1.per2.internode.on.net [150.101.0.158] 4 230 ms 227 ms 227 ms pos1-1.bdr2.adl2.internode.on.net [150.101.134.221] 5 * 226 ms 227 ms pos3-3.bdr1.syd6.internode.on.net [203.16.212.178] 6 * 226 ms 225 ms pos5-0.bdr1.lax1.internode.on.net [203.16.213.158] 7 238 ms 226 ms 226 ms cw.com.any2ix.coresite.com [206.223.143.96] 8 * * 392 ms ae0-ecr1.lax.cw.net [195.2.10.14] 9 * 370 ms 368 ms so-4-1-0.dcr1.was.cw.net [195.2.21.194] 10 * 368 ms 368 ms so-4-0-0-dcr2.par.cw.net [195.2.10.129] 11 * 367 ms 367 ms as0-dcr2.par.cw.net [195.2.10.162] 12 * 386 ms 405 ms wind-gw2.par.cw.net [195.10.54.38] 13 * 396 ms 394 ms 212.245.228.57 14 * 408 ms 390 ms 151.6.7.226 15 * 390 ms 401 ms 151.6.65.235 16 * 406 ms 413 ms 151.5.151.98 17 * 420 ms 461 ms 7606P1.aruba.it [62.149.190.11] 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. Trace complete. C:\Users\Dean> Also just be aware that some firewalls might block ping or trace route packets so you may not get any reply or receive a timeout message. Hopefully this helps you a bit (and hopefully you're not an IT pro thinking why is this n00b telling me this basic stuff ) Good luck Edited November 25, 2010 by D34N0
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now