Norseman Posted September 16, 2010 Posted September 16, 2010 I am very impressed with FVA 2010, and I now have it working with Nvidia's stereoscopic surround view (3D on three 24" displays). And the sound the creator has made for this program is incredible... We have a special sound system on our F1 simulator that whith this software makes you feel like you're in the real thing for sure. The only drawback is we have a slight problem with the track scenery "popping up"... no matter whether we're in 3D, surroundview, low graphics settings, etc., - Anyyone else have this issue? Is there a tweak to solve the pop-up issue that can be recommended? We're also trying to find out if there is a way to adjust the FOV or bring the cockpit in closer, but I see someone already posted the question and answer in another forum... I already posted this in another forum or two, and then realized I should post it in one of the official "Kunos hangouts"
Norseman Posted September 17, 2010 Author Posted September 17, 2010 Hey guys, I solved both issues at the same tme by going into the C:\fva\content\system\fva and changed the ASPECTRATIOCORRECTION line from 1.0 to 0.76... not as good of a way to solve the diving view as if the creators hd given us a FOV adjust, but it looks a lot better to me at least... the front wheels don't look like they're 10 ft. away, and for some reason doing this fixed the track object pop-ups... At least I think that's what fixed the pop-ups... Not completely sure because I tweaked a few of my Nvidia graphics settings as well, but I doubt any of them had anything to do with the pop-up issue. So now I have this F1 beast running in Nvidia's stereoscopic surroundview and it's fantastic! One other thing, I changed the FF setting in the same fva file to "1" for hardmode, an the FF feels even better to me. It was originally at "0".
BoNI Posted September 17, 2010 Posted September 17, 2010 as i wrote some days ago and kunos confirmed on another forum, this value does'nt change the fov... what changes is the relationship between vertical and horizontal, but the perception of distance is the same...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now