• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lratafia

• BoNI

• wildsurfer

• corrado conti

the version i translated for my personal use it's 95% readable and understandable. i didn't finnish it to perfection because for me it's fine and english is not my mother tongue.

i'm contacting the maidirecamber guy to see if he aproves what i've done and the upload it to see what you guys think and may be improve the translation.

• 5 weeks later...

There’s a guide but it’s in Italian. There’re also some power/torque curves for an old version of nKPro (v1.02). Which cars LED’s are you talking about? In the F2000 most people change 5th gear in the aim file to 6900.

Hi guys,

Any chance of getting the hp/torque curves for the cars in nKPro 1.1? Providing they have changed since version 1.02, which is most likely I guess, plus the addition of the Abarth). Stefano, please share the knowledge, it can greatly help in setting up (and most importantly, fine tuning) the gear-box of the cars.

On a relative note, I assume that those curves represent the engine behavior when the engine is running in the last gear, right? (e.g. 6th for the F2000, etc)

Edited by migf1

If Anyone is interested, I'll be happy to translate any of the Italian material to English. While I Have been living in the US for almost 30 years, I was born and raised in Italy and I still practice my Italian frequently. Sadly, by now I am much better at writing English than I am Italian, but since this translation would be Italian > English I should be fine.

Incidentally, I just bought NK and I am really inexperienced with it. Only one session testing out the cars on a single track. I usually race on iRacing, but given the low cost of NK and the high quality I figured I'd add it to my collection.

So, if you guys want a translation, link me to the Italian version, give me a week or so and I should be able to post it back in the forum (if it's not 2000 pages).

On another note: what I'd like in exchange is a link to someplace that explains how to get started in NK. Technical and logistical concerns and some resources would be appreciated.

Especially I am interested how to start racing making sure I don't join races with 90% aliens or those with silly kids dive bombing T1. I like iRacing because of the lower ratio of morons (plenty of those still, but most users are great).

Anyway, give me links in Italian to get your fresh English version.

That would be fantastic if you could translate it Corrado, it's 20 pages (probably about 12 of those are actual text). As for resources I've been working on a Wiki, it's in its early stages but its aim's to answer a lot of common questions and explain a few things. For the time being ask any questions on this forum, and we'll do our best to answer them :)

As for the power/torque curves I saw Kunos say he would work on re-introducing them :)

EDIT:

Removed the link as BoNI has just released a new version.

Edited by CAR

wait! :bleh:

a new revised and updated version is seriously being released (i think now is actually completed) ... i suggest you wait a little. we had already been contacted by a guy who wanted to translate the guide, and was said to him to send a text file with translations by e-mail or directly to me. then i will take to redo a new pdf in english...

Edited by BoNI

Lastplace Racing Team have some of them: http://www.lastplace...=fileinfo&id=24

Thanks for the reply, however I've already got those (they are for nkpro v1.02, I was hoping for any new ones).

@CAR: That's great news, thanks for sharing :)

@corrado conti:

That would be great! I'm quite new to nkpro too (coming from LFS). To my knowledge, there are not that many leagues going on. I'm aware of Radiator Springs Racing's F1800 league, but there's only one race left in the calendar for the current season. There's also GPCos, but 2010 season is over since July I think.

On the other hand, there's Racing Department's Racing Clubs (European & American) organizing weekly races with several sims. Last week we had a 102 laps race (1,30 hours) with the Formula 2000 at Newbury 2006 and according to the admins, soon there will be a poll amongst the racers for deciding the next one.

That said, I'd like to add that I run GVRteam.gr, a well established LFS team since 2006, which has become the largest and most popular sim-racing community in Greece (recognized as domestic representative by LFS devs and ISI). The interesting point though is that through all those years we've been organizing 2 annual leagues, domestically (using them both for spreading sim-racing locally and for training drivers for our official racing department). Full blown leagues, with points, penalties, live webtv coverage, etc (here's the section of the last season... it's in Greek, but inside the tabs the link-descriptions in your browser's status bar are in English, so you can get an idea) . Recently we decided to expand our activities to nKPro, but we are still in the process of learning the sim, its online capabilities and get in touch with the community.

Once we familiarize ourselves with all those aspects and we feel confident enough, chances are that we'll organize an international league with nKPro, trying to utilize the same features we're used to by our experience with LFS. It's too early of course, but I thought it would be useful to know that we have it in the back of our minds. In the meantime we'll be more than happy to participate in as many events as possible, thus supporting & contributing to the spread of this excellent sim (hoping at the same time that Stefano will keep developing it).

Edited by migf1