Tiny little problem... - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

hello guys!

this is my first post. whish it could be a little happier, but alas... it won't be.

recently i installed nKPRO and, when i try to start the simulator, it gives me an error. the error reads:

"XAUDIO not available. Please download and install the latest Microsoft DirectX"

i do believe that it's useless to say that i am running the latest DirectX on my rig (DirectX 11). just to be on the safe side, i've executed the 9.0c and the 10.1 webinstallers to install whatever could be missing. all the installers have said "you are running the latest version of DirectX".

if this is so, why does nKPRO reports the aforementioned error? anyone knows what's happening here? i'm really not that fond of these Twilight moments...

in case it may be handy, here are my specs:

CPU: Intel I7 860 @ 3.6 GHz

GPU: Gigabyte HD 5870 1GB PCI-E (latest Catalyst drivers installed)

MB: Asus P7P55D-E PRO

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (with DirectX 11)

need any other info, just ask.

i'm a potencial license purchaser if i ever get the simulator running, so i hope someone here is able to help.

Edited by PMAB77
Posted (edited)

er... yep. i told so on my previous post. i'm running DirectX 11 already. tried to run the installer again and it said everything was fine and dandy and quit without installing anything. Dxdiag also states no problem whatsoever.

help? anyone? plz?

thanks for the welcome, anyway...

Edited by PMAB77
Posted (edited)

that was a good call, NighShift. unfortunately, it didn't work either.

on the sound test tab, the XAUDIO worked well, only making it even more puzzling to why nK-PRO doesn't recognize it as installed. something messed up at the Windows own registry, perhaps?

none other game/software is having this issue. it's a damned shame, 'cos i was so looking forward for nK-PRO.

does anyone have any other idea to solve this? anyone? plz, don't be shy! sometimes the most farfetched ideas turn out to be the desired solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

nevermind. got it working.

i took a somewhat educated guess and concluded that nK-PRO uses the xaudio2_6.dll file, located on the /windows/sysWOW64 folder, to manage sound. i had the file re-registred with regsvr32 and the game started to boot again. now i realize that i have a far more serious issue at hand where. probably all my DirectX files are "unregristred" despite the fact that they are all physically installed. don't ask me how it happened, i'm just as baffled as you are, but it happened. somewhere, somehow, something went terribly wrong.

since i'm running the latest DirectX, to fix this problem i see only two ways: format and reinstall everything from scratch or... (puff, pant...) re-register every DirectX file manually...

nK-PRO is NOT to blame. i publically state that, for the record.

thanks for all your help.

Edited by PMAB77
Guest Chingkhei Sapam
Posted

Download this and install the DIrectX 9/10 distribution. Even if you have DX11 there is no harm in installing older version of directX.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Download the Installer,

run the .exe which extracts the Direct X Installer to any location specified by you

Run DXSETUP.exe from the location you extracted the downloaded .exe file.

Hmm... thats it. netKar will run.

I too have Intel Core i7 with IWndows7 64-bit, and had the similar issue.

I would like to add a small issue am facing (actually its a big issue). I am testing the Demo version to check it out and decide on buying a license. But for some reason, I cannot start the engine. I even set the simulation preference to auto start and also manual start. In both case the engine grinds for 2-3 secs and it goes silent and refuse to start. If I can get the engine running, I could test the Sim.

Regards,

Sapam

Posted

I would like to add a small issue am facing (actually its a big issue). I am testing the Demo version to check it out and decide on buying a license. But for some reason, I cannot start the engine.

What car are you trying? In the demo you can only turn on F1600.

Guest Chingkhei Sapam
Posted

I would like to add a small issue am facing (actually its a big issue). I am testing the Demo version to check it out and decide on buying a license. But for some reason, I cannot start the engine.

What car are you trying? In the demo you can only turn on F1600.

Its 1600, the demo car.

Guest NightShift
Posted

Try flipping the ignition switch.

Guest Chingkhei Sapam
Posted

The car is starting now. I had to run netKar with administrator permission.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.