Full version online population. - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Full version online population.


Recommended Posts

Guest AsylumEscapee
Posted

It's a shame that NetKar is still suffering from it's premature birth. When NetKar first came out it would crash my PC before I even got to the track. The current version actually runs, and I've been missing out. After playing Iracing, GTR, LFS, rFactor, and every race sim worth mentioning, I find NetKar to be the most convencing simulation available. At least judging from the F1600 and demo track. I'd love to try the full version, but I have one question before I take the plunge.

The in-game server list shows roughly 3 servers, all empty. All three servers are running the demo car and track. Is this because the demo will only show demo servers? Or are there no full-version servers running? Will buying the full game give me access to populated servers? Or is the full game as dead as the demo?

Guest Katsushika Matsumoto
Posted

It's a shame that NetKar is still suffering from it's premature birth. When NetKar first came out it would crash my PC before I even got to the track. The current version actually runs, and I've been missing out. After playing Iracing, GTR, LFS, rFactor, and every race sim worth mentioning, I find NetKar to be the most convincing simulation available. At least judging from the F1600 and demo track. I'd love to try the full version, but I have one question before I take the plunge.

The in-game server list shows roughly 3 servers, all empty. All three servers are running the demo car and track. Is this because the demo will only show demo servers? Or are there no full-version servers running? Will buying the full game give me access to populated servers? Or is the full game as dead as the demo?

You indeed only sees the servers with demo configurations.

There are more servers, most of the server (not all!) use nKP rank tool to capture driver data/laptimes etc.

You can get a better indication of the online activity through that : http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/servers.php

Pick up races aren't the thing you should be looking for in nKP, I would advise you to join a league.

The two most mentionable are Radiator Springs and GPChampionship. The later has almost 60 entry's for the first race of the season!

http://www.gpchampionship.com/gpcos/

http://rsracing.forumotion.com/

If you have any more questions just ask, have fun racing :)

Posted (edited)

Will buying the full game give me access to populated servers? Or is the full game as dead as the demo?

Servers only seem to be busy in the run-up to league events or when a new track/update etc's released. It's a shame the level of driving puts people off, but sometimes when you go through multiple quali' seesions, only to be taken at turn1 every time it gets tiresome. I'd still recommended buying it though, because when you do find a good group to play with, the experience's fantastic and one that leaves you wanting more.rischio.gif

Edited by CAR
Guest AsylumEscapee
Posted

It's a shame that NetKar is still suffering from it's premature birth. When NetKar first came out it would crash my PC before I even got to the track. The current version actually runs, and I've been missing out. After playing Iracing, GTR, LFS, rFactor, and every race sim worth mentioning, I find NetKar to be the most convincing simulation available. At least judging from the F1600 and demo track. I'd love to try the full version, but I have one question before I take the plunge.

The in-game server list shows roughly 3 servers, all empty. All three servers are running the demo car and track. Is this because the demo will only show demo servers? Or are there no full-version servers running? Will buying the full game give me access to populated servers? Or is the full game as dead as the demo?

You indeed only sees the servers with demo configurations.

There are more servers, most of the server (not all!) use nKP rank tool to capture driver data/laptimes etc.

You can get a better indication of the online activity through that : http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/servers.php

Pick up races aren't the thing you should be looking for in nKP, I would advise you to join a league.

The two most mentionable are Radiator Springs and GPChampionship. The later has almost 60 entry's for the first race of the season!

http://www.gpchampionship.com/gpcos/

http://rsracing.forumotion.com/

If you have any more questions just ask, have fun racing :)

As of now (7:30AM) the rank site shows zero players. It's nice to know that nKP lives in the form of leagues, at least. With my skill level and eratic work schedule I don't know if that will be a good fit for me. I'll continue to monitor online activity. Thanks for the replies.

Guest NightShift
Posted

As of now (7:30AM) the rank site shows zero players. It's nice to know that nKP lives in the form of leagues, at least. With my skill level and eratic work schedule I don't know if that will be a good fit for me. I'll continue to monitor online activity. Thanks for the replies.

You're welcome. Most players are usually online the european evening (it's 1.30 pm now), though lately there's been a lot of activity in the afternoon because of GPC. Also keep in mind server count has been low after a master server hiccup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.