Why is there no kick/ban or black flag? - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest Crady
Posted

Sorry, I am really pissed off! I am paying for 2 netKar servers and I think that this makes the game more popular as I like it very much. But it is no fun tbh if only idiots are joining the servers with the only purpose to crash :argue:

On start they start just before the lights turn red and crash the whole field and then they park on the track or they are waiting in a turn and drive the opposite direction to crash someone.

So how to get rid of them? By setting a password? What

Guest NightShift
Posted

That's a long-standing issue, I'm afraid for the time being there's no real solution.

Posted (edited)

That's a long-standing issue

Mainly on demo servers. Someone did block the track once during qualifying (Schumacher style) on a licensed server, but as it wasn't running full mode so smashing him out of the way was an optionthumbsup.gif. Apart from that it just seems to be a low standard of overall driving that lets nKPro down, although that can't be helped, unless there was a feature where you had to be within a certain percentage of a target lap time to join.

Edited by CAR
Guest NightShift
Posted

I beg to differ, just because a person's fast it doesn't mean he/she cannot be a troublemaker.

As far as anedoctal evidence goes, I've seen myself a guy who was very fast (at the time in LFS, now in iRacing) leave his car parked in the middle of the racing line halfway through a race. He ran out of fuel or something equally silly and didn't care a bit about others.

Another one simulated a mistake in an organized event to crash the league leader (IIRC?) that was right behind him (this one's also transitioned from LFS to iRacing - wonder how they behave there since I've not yet had the 'pleasure' to race against them)

In iRacing I've seen Pro drivers play the idiots in Rookie races. And we're talking about people who have no financial incentive to crash into others (which cannot be said about pro drivers, I'm thinking e.g. about some sad cases in F1)

OTOH there's plenty of snails that don't like to play pranks... e.g. yours truly :nando:

Posted

I beg to differ, just because a person's fast it doesn't mean he/she cannot be a troublemaker.

The original poster was talking about people jumping the lights and crashing into the whole field, or waiting for someone to drive at them. This behaviour doesn't seem to be prevalent on servers that require a licence (that's the main point).

Personally I've had too many hot laps and races wrecked by people who are more than a dozen seconds off the pace, and I'm not being unnecessarily harsh, as I used to run that far off the pace but always moved over for faster cars.

The person mentioned before (who blocked the track during quali') was a relatively quick guy, but there's a big difference between inconsiderate or unsporting drivers and crashers.

Guest NightShift
Posted (edited)

The original poster was talking about people jumping the lights and crashing into the whole field, or waiting for someone to drive at them. This behaviour doesn't seem to be prevalent on servers that require a licence (that's the main point).

I will happily concede that demo servers are worse, no matter the sim. And I agree if people cannot drive safely on the track they should practice more offline. I said "more" because offline racing is boring and that's why iRacing has public practice sessions, too.

But newbies are not usually wreckers and not necessarily unlicensed, they just lack experience. Wreckers OTOH are often people who know pretty well how to drive in a sim (that's how they know how to wreck people and why it drives them crazy)

The person mentioned before (who blocked the track during quali') was a relatively quick guy, but there's a big difference between inconsiderate or unsporting drivers and crashers.

You really think? When someone is crashing someone on purpose, I don't care if he's the WR holder or whatnot: he's just an asshole.

BTW I suspect we don't have the same person in mind. But doesn't matter, the fact that you immediately thought of someone means you know I'm right :fico:

And to make things more spicy, let me say that all of the cases I had in mind were people racing with the real life name, another rule often regarded as one of the pillars for wreck-free races, regardless of that anyone who's not blind will recognize it just doesn't work...

So if you want clean races the only way is a fair but iron-handed admin on the server, lacking that the only alternative that shows some degree of effectiveness is iRacing's SR.

Edited by NightShift
Posted

You really think? When someone is crashing someone on purpose, I don't care if he's the WR holder or whatnot: he's just an asshole.

To elaborate, someone whose sole purpose's to crash, is different to those who either don't care about their opponents or are willing to fight dirty.

BTW I suspect we don't have the same person in mind. But doesn't matter, the fact that you immediately thought of someone means you know I'm right fico.gif

That was the only incident I found indefensible. The person probably had to leave their computer for a bit, as they didn't respond to any questions about why they found the racing line an appropriate place to stop, and they sat in the gravel for a while after I'd shunted them there. Still though, if you have to take a phone call or something, it's easy enough to exit to the pits which's why it was pretty silly.

And to make things more spicy, let me say that all of the cases I had in mind were people racing with the real life name, another rule often regarded as one of the pillars for wreck-free races, regardless of that anyone who's not blind will recognize it just doesn't work...

They're people who race under a pseudonym for legitimate reasons, but you can always use one if you wish to wreck. One place it does seem to make a difference (at least with some people) are on forums. The same individual can act like an idiot under a nickname then be perfectly alright using their real life identity.

Guest NightShift
Posted

To elaborate, someone whose sole purpose's to crash, is different to those who either don't care about their opponents or are willing to fight dirty.

I don't think there's people who only race to crash others. It gets boring pretty fast, so if they're staying it's because they are racing regularly and only entertain wrecking as a pastime.

That was the only incident I found indefensible.

Lucky aren't you :laugh:

One place it does seem to make a difference (at least with some people) are on forums. The same individual can act like an idiot under a nickname then be perfectly alright using their real life identity.

Yeah the key to your arguments seems to be "at least with some people" :doubt: As far as forums go, I've seen plenty of people behaving like idiots in iRacing's.

I do not have a single problem with nicknames, and anyway RL names or nicknames doesn't make any difference. As long as there are clear rules and everyone has to comply with them, there really is no problem.

In netKar Pro however there's no way to force people into complying hence you have a recipe for disaster, yeah even on licensed servers. Newcomers are complaining about the quality of racing on demo servers, the admins can't do naff about it. Some admins (like the OP) are rightfully pissed. Who's benefitting from this? Nobody if you ask me.

I'll take admin kick/ban over any laptime-based filter any day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.