Guest Crady Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 Hi there, About a week ago I sent an email to the netKar support - but did not get any answer yet - a shame for a paying customer... Anyway perhaps someone else has the answer for these questions: Hi netKar PRO Team!Thanks for that great simulation! Well I am running a dedicated host. But I am wondering if there really is a need to upload the whole installation of netKar PRO 1.1 Full. Could you please tell me, which files and folders are needed to run just a dedicated server? Better I would suggest to also provide a dedicated host package only for hosters. In my opinion I only need the nkserver.exe, the server folder, the cfg folder with only the nkservercfg.ini in it and the track folder with the tracks in it. And the tracks only need to have the server folder included too - in my opinion. This would be an installation of several KB to run a server instead of over 600 MB... An other question is that I am using netKar 1.1 PRO final. - But if I start a server on my computer at home I can see in the DOS Window that the server only is version 1.03... Is that right? Thanks
wildsurfer Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 As far as I know there is no dedicated server package. Anyway, just as you said, you can cut off the most of the folders. I guess you can even cut off the most of the folders in each track also. I think you can remove all the textures, and very likely even the .nko (or .kto), or, worst case, you can try to change it with a size 0 with the same name. If I were you i would just do some experiments on your pc. At the end you don't really need an installation. You just need the correct folder structure. I will eventually try something in the next days and I will tell you something. It's a nice idea, and it's always good to save some space on our server also Kunos Simulazioni team is usually really busy, so, I would suggest you always to try to post here before. I'm sure you will find a faster answer.
Guest Crady Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 Thank you! And what about the Version? The DOS window still shows 1.03 - although of course I am using 1.1PRO Full...
Guest NightShift Posted April 28, 2010 Posted April 28, 2010 Yeah I noticed that too, 1.0.3 seems to be fine as long as AcceptVersion is set to 113 in nkservercfg.ini section [Configuration].
dido Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 (edited) Like this one http://idd00dma.eresmas.net/nkp/nkserver.rar This came from beta 3/3, may need to copy over ini and tires from 1.1 finale Edited April 29, 2010 by dido
wildsurfer Posted April 29, 2010 Posted April 29, 2010 Very nice! Thanks a lot! be careful because there is a ; on the link that prevent it to download it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now