Some questions about running a deicated host - is there a manual? - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Some questions about running a deicated host - is there a manual?


Recommended Posts

Guest Crady
Posted

Hi there!

I am running a dedicated host but I am wondering if there is a manual how to set the nkservercfg.ini correctly.

I mean is there an English description somewhere?

What about the custom tracks? Do I have to upload them to my /tracks folder? And what about tracks having errors with 1.1 PRO atm? Do they work though - the client just has to hit OK several times?

What about custom textures? If I upload them to the server - do others seem them too?

What about car skins? Does the server "download" new custom skins from the guests?

Is it possible to kick guest that only connect to cause trouble?

Posted (edited)

I'll answer the questions I know the answers too.......

What about custom textures? If I upload them to the server - do others seem them too? No, all custom textures are only seen locally

What about car skins? Does the server "download" new custom skins from the guests? Again, No. You have to download and install other peoples skins manually if you want to see them

Is it possible to kick guest that only connect to cause trouble? No. It's a request that we've had since day 1 of netKar, and for some unfathomable reason more server options for the host still haven't been added. Personally I've given up on public server racing for exactly this reason. Not being able to control who races on your server is inexcusable in this day and age

Edited by Moose
Posted (edited)

I'll try to answer the rest doubt.gif

I am running a dedicated host but I am wondering if there is a manual how to set the nkservercfg.ini correctly.

I mean is there an English description somewhere?

Have you referred to the v1.03 manual (still included with the current release (did it help))?

What about the custom tracks? Do I have to upload them to my /tracks folder? And what about tracks having errors with 1.1 PRO atm? Do they work though - the client just has to hit OK several times?

Yes, have you created any (if so they're a lot of people who would be interested), and I think the errors whilst loading are because of naming errors but they do work after however many ok's that are necessary.

Edited by CAR
Guest Crady
Posted

I'll try to answer the rest doubt.gif

I am running a dedicated host but I am wondering if there is a manual how to set the nkservercfg.ini correctly.

I mean is there an English description somewhere?

Have you referred to the v1.03 manual (still included with the current release (did it help))?

What about the custom tracks? Do I have to upload them to my /tracks folder? And what about tracks having errors with 1.1 PRO atm? Do they work though - the client just has to hit OK several times?

Yes, have you created any (if so they're a lot of people who would be interested), and I think the errors whilst loading are because of naming errors but they do work after however many ok's that are necessary.

oops.. thank you! I totally missed that there are 2 manuals in that folder... :D

With custom track I mean the available additional tracks. Monaco e.g. works on 1.1 pro, but has name errors. Locally I can press OK 100 times to finally race it - but no one can press OK on the server... Or is there no need to on the server??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.