Guest lvlo Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 I can't find such information anywhere, so I hope you could help me a bit. The question is: what type of gearboxes do Formula 2000 and Formula Target have? And should I use the clutch while gearing? It is not about "how to go faster", but "how to do things in the right way"...
Guest FinnWest Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 (edited) I can't find such information anywhere, so I hope you could help me a bit. The question is: what type of gearboxes do Formula 2000 and Formula Target have? And should I use the clutch while gearing? It is not about "how to go faster", but "how to do things in the right way"... I'm not 100% sure but as far as I know F2000 (Formula Renault 2.0) and FTarget (Formula 3) both have sequential gearbox so you shift with sequential gearstick, not with paddles. If you zoom out your cockpit you can see both of those cars have gear stick and also on videos in youtube (real life on-board) you can also see they use sequential gear stick. I think you need clutch only when starting and stopping. Possibly you have to lift a little when up-shifting in these cars, but I don't think so. Blipping gas when down-shifting may help especially if you are down-shifting while turning. F1600 and F1800 both have H-shifter and you need to use cluch, at least in real life Formula Ford cars. Edited April 17, 2010 by FinnWest
Guest CAR Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 I think you need clutch only when starting and stopping. Don't you need to use the clutch on downshifts with a sequential box (at least on some cars (maybe not the ones in question))?
Guest lvlo Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 Thanks for replies guys Well, I'm messing with it, because for example Skip Barber has manual gearbox/transmission with sequential shifter - so I need to use a clutch while shifting (but as far, as I know, in real life an advanced drivers can upshift without a clutch). The question is still open...
Guest NightShift Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 CAR pretty much said it all. BTW the Target apparently used to have a manual cutoff but this has been removed.
Guest lvlo Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 CAR pretty much said it all. BTW the Target apparently used to have a manual cutoff but this has been removed. Then I will try to forget about the clutch pedal in Formula 2000/Target while shifting. Thanks again guys Offtopic: @NightShift: What is your name in iRacing? It will be interesting to meet you on track I think... Mine is "Sergey Moskovkin".
Guest NightShift Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 Sorry, think I would remember if I ever saw you in iRacing. BTW my iRacing subscription is expiring so unless they go through another round of price cuts, it's really unlikely I will renew it anytime soon.
Guest lvlo Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 Sorry, think I would remember if I ever saw you in iRacing. BTW my iRacing subscription is expiring so unless they go through another round of price cuts, it's really unlikely I will renew it anytime soon. I see your point. Well, if you will ever meet me there say "Hi from NightShift"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now