Guest Arnithorynque Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 Hi fellow drivers ! First of all, let me introduce myself : Arnaud, from Paris ( France ), 21, netKar PRO new-addict , and biker in real life. So for all my future messages : please excuse me for my english, as I told before, I'm french ... ( so excuse me for my president too ). Time to get into subject : I have huge problems on driving the F1800 efficently . I've been driving the F1600 for quite a long time ( as long as I didn't get the license ). I bought the license like 2 days ago, and I feel very confortable with the F1600. I can really "feel the car", I can control most of its spins ( without boasting ), and I can enter a curve in skiding without loosing control ( even though it's not really the fastest way to negociate a curve ^^ ). Still, I am absolutely unable to do the same things with the F1800. I have the impress, that everytime it starts to begin enter into a small tiny teeny drift, it's done ... I can't keep control on it. So it's very disappointing, I feel like a retarted with this car ! Although I can feel the Horses running inside its engine, I can't keep the car on the track for a long time ! So that's why I request your help ... is this a problem that you've been through ? I don't want to swith on the over cars before driving these two cars ( F1600 and F1800 ), but here ... I have to admit that I'm a bit stuck . Thanks for the future answers P.S : I use the default setup, but it wasn't a probem with the F1600, so why the F1800 is such out of my reach ?!
kunos Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 hi there, welcome to netKar the main 2 differences between the 1800 and the 1600 are: 1) 1800 is using slick tyres. They have more grip, but they also tend to loose more as u start sliding. Having more grip they also tend to stand much more punishment under braking. This will result in a weight shift to the forward of the car, much more than on the 1600 making it harder for the rear end to stay stable. 2) Lots more engine braking. This is like a brake acting only on the rear tyres. Sliding the car is still very much possible (ie.. watch my video below) but you need to learn to come off the gas very gently, expecially at high revs.
Guest Arnithorynque Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 Well, thanks for you quick answer . I thought by myself that this could be due to the slick tyres, that we can't get on the F1600. Anyway, I guess I need more practice to feel the car. So as a summary, the slick tyres allow a nicest grip, but when they begin to slip, they slip more that other tyres ? ( can't find the name of this tyres ). You speek about the weight shift to the forward, as a biker, I'm very familiar to this concept. So, should I modifie my break balance to the rear, as we would do on motorcycles ? ( I would say that I need more brake on the front, but still, I ask the question ). Thanks a lot
kunos Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 no, no.. with bike blocking ur rear tyre isnt a problem because this way it is self stabilizing... and, if you lock your front on a bike ur in DEEP trouble But on a car, locking the rear means you'll spin out of control, so you want to lock your fronts first. You want to move your braking balance forward.. try to brake with the car straight, and be gentle coming off the gas.. that is really the main point. Another suggestion is to brake, slow down and then change down gear, in other words, trying to avoid high revs during braking, keep the engine nice and low.
Guest Arnithorynque Posted April 16, 2010 Posted April 16, 2010 Got it, nice and clear ! I'll try all this advices on NKP. Thanks a lot for your answers, see you very soon !
Guest Arnithorynque Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 I use this topic to ask just another tiny question ( that might have been already asked, but I just can't find it ... ). How can I try to create my own track ? ( just for fun ). I've been looking for the .exe, but I'm not sure to find the software ... can I get a bit of help ? Thanks !
Guest NightShift Posted April 17, 2010 Posted April 17, 2010 I'm not at all into track building but as far as I can tell you need a full blown 3D editor, 3D Studio Max is often mentioned but I suppose you could use others as well (Sketchup should work and it's free to download), KOF Lite (the fabled track editor) alone is not enough. You can find a video tutorial here: http://forum.radiators-champ.com/track-development-f14/track-editing-t332.htm The videos are in italian but there's an english cheatsheet if you skim through the thread.
Guest Arnithorynque Posted April 18, 2010 Posted April 18, 2010 Thanks NightShift ! Unfortunately, I'm not really into 3D Software, except for SolidWorks, but I think it's really appropriate to design tracks ... thanks anyway
wildsurfer Posted April 19, 2010 Posted April 19, 2010 I've never used SolidWorks, but as long as you can export in .ase, it's fine! Hopefully a proper guide will be released soon by some of the teams or, even better by Kunos Simulazioni, because there is a set of rules you need to follow in order create a working nk track.
Guest lvlo Posted June 5, 2010 Posted June 5, 2010 I will pull up this topic, because I've found some guide to setup F1600 and F1800 as well. Unfortunately, I know nothing about credits. netKarFFsetup.doc
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now