Newbie Problem - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest AndyB
Posted

Hi Guys

Just returning to the NetKar fold after many years away (used to race Jaap etc in GP Championship with the original netKar) and I am having problems even getting out of the garage.

When I get to the Track the car is automatically starting (i.e. I don't have to press the starter or click any switches) but as soon as I select a gear the engine turns off (not a stall but a complete shutdown).

It looks like I have a problem in my controller config but I can't see what the issue is as all of the paddles & buttons seem to be assigned to the appropriate actions. I am using a Logitech MoMO wheel & pedals.

Any ideas as I would really like to get back on track

Thanks

Andy Bowes

Posted

Have you try check 'auto clutch' in setup tab?

Guest AndyB
Posted

Have you try check 'auto clutch' in setup tab?

I don't assign any buttons to the clutch when I go through the controller setup & I don't see a check box for auto-clutch in the controller setup.

I have got the following info for the Clutch in the config file:

[CLUTCH]

JOY=1

AXLE=-2

MIN=0

MAX=0

Does that look appropriate for auto-clutch?

Posted

I don't assign any buttons to the clutch when I go through the controller setup & I don't see a check box for auto-clutch in the controller setup.

Not controller setting screen. You can see setup tab of pit in track.

Posted

seems a old 1.1 beta1 bug...

i don't remember fine the solution, just try to check if in you control.ini you have "." and not ","...

Guest AndyB
Posted

seems a old 1.1 beta1 bug...

i don't remember fine the solution, just try to check if in you control.ini you have "." and not ","...

I am running 1.1 beta 3

Where I am looking for a "," in the controls.ini file?

Posted

everywhere... i seem to remember that whoever had that problem with the beta 1 had the "," instead of "."

the problem was bypassed by configuring the controls with 1.03 and copying the file controls.ini into the 1.1 ...

THIS is my file (i have 360pad and dfp connected), you can try to use it and see if it works ... copy in documents\netkar pro\cfg..

Guest AndyB
Posted

everywhere... i seem to remember that whoever had that problem with the beta 1 had the "," instead of "."

the problem was bypassed by configuring the controls with 1.03 and copying the file controls.ini into the 1.1 ...

THIS is my file (i have 360pad and dfp connected), you can try to use it and see if it works ... copy in documents\netkar pro\cfg..

Thanks BoNI

Got the issue resolved, I loaded a setup and hadn't realised that it altered the auto-clutch setting. I also thought that the clutch was defined as a property of the controller and hadn't seen it on the setup screens.

Thanks for all the help guys, hope to see you on track soon providing I can learn to keep these things on the tarmac :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.