Pitstopboss F1 Game News Update - 14th Feb 2010

VELOCIPEDE

Pitstopboss F1 Game News Update - 14th Feb 2010

As the Formula one testing gets into full swing it seems that somehow I've dragged myself into a testing session controversy the equal of which can perhaps be the diffuser row or the medals system of a certain Mr Ecclestone.

In an attempt to get a more accurate reading of skill ratings for players, I introduced some code this week that took into account recent form and history... On paper it should have given a much better approximation of skill than just using the equipment... In practice it hasn't quite worked out as intended, and rather than refine it and add to confusion, I'll revert to the old system - but make it a little clearer.

(I'd rather get the race ready for the F1 season than spend many days tinkering with the formula for skill)

Some managers have been struggling in the more professional level competitions. The main solution for that is to reduce the amount of maxed out equipment you have, perhaps by going back to premium tyres so that you get reassessed as an amateur rather than a professional.

I'm going to press on with a few seasons of the controversial Amateur Alliance competitions to see if this lower-point scoring competition for amatuer skilled racers is a good thing to have. There is a heated debate about this at present and as with most things and in formula one, testing and analysis will pay dividends.

I think there is room for a competition for those not fortunate to have an stack of pre-saved setups and the best equipment in town, but there is opposition, so we have to test it. I know how it must be like to be the proposed 14th formula one team now!

Where are these updates? I hear you say.

Ok, not much but bugfixes mainly:

* fixed a stig exploit where you could get to see more hints by turning him on and off.

* reigned the tame race driver (stig) in a little.

* fixed an exploit where you could get to see the setup % from older runs.

* added a help page where you can now get help by sending a message to a marshal (it lists who is online)

* added some more features to the academy pages so you can organize your members into groups.

* academies now listed with languages spoken by owner, to help new members who apply

* fixed a bug where the academy ratings were not displayed correctly.

* put back the older rating calculation of earlier this week, so for some, your skill rating will change.

* will restart the league (slightly later that originally advertised)

* made some minor optimizations.

Right, hopefully everything runs smoothly and it's still dark enough outside so I can nip over to the neighbours garden and cut Mrs PSB some lovely flowers for valentines day!