DDS Utilities by CTDP

VELOCIPEDE

http://devblog.ctdp.net/?p=1802

This is a personal project of mine and not directly related to CTDP. However, as the topic is related to Modding I think this is still a good place to announce it.

In 2008 I programmed a small Java library to read and save compressed DirectDrawSurfaces(DDS) files. DDS is the common texture format in rFactor and part of DirectX. I had the problem, that I moved to a Mac and there were no applications to work with DDS-images. So I developed three tools to work with textures even on platforms other than Windows, but they work on Windows as well.

Badds is a batch editing tool for mass scaling textures. In for our mods we paint textures in 2048×2048 and we end up having hundreds of textures. This tool allows to scale and resave many textures at once and not having to save them one by one. DDS can be saved in DXT1-5 compression.

Radds-Review-a-DDS-2.jpg

Edited by Uff

sto usando proprio ora l'utility per rimpicciolire le texture.che dire,è a dir poco fantastica.salva tutto immediatamente.poi si possono selezionare più texture e lavora in sequenza.niente più perdita di tempo ad aprire,rimpicciolire e salvare singolarmente i vari file con photoshop.unica nota negativa,ogni tanto gli prende e non salva le texture dicendo che sono già aperte da un altro programma.

Edited by Lestart

• 4 months later...