Guest Aristotelis Posted July 9, 2003 Posted July 9, 2003 Ok friends. So to keep you occupied while you wait for the 0.9.9, and since I'm sure you WON'T READ the readme, helpme, justopenme files... here is a tutorial on how to setup the server. You will find the file nkservercfg.ini in the root netkar directory. This is the file that controls the server behavior. Follows the options with explanations which you can't insert inside the .ini file. [CONFIGURATION] MODE=1----------------------------;// MODE: 1=PRACTICE-qual then race 2=only RACE DROPOFS=0------------------------;always0 MAXCLIENTS=10-------------------;number of clients USEFAKECLIENT=0-----------------;always 0 ACCEPTVERSION=106-------------;leave as is NAME=The flying pig---------------;name of the server TRACK=newbury--------------------;track name CAR=modena_street;supra-------;Cars accepted separated by ";" RACELAPS=4------------------------;numbers of laps in race WAITTIME=100----------------------;time in seconds for race start PRACTICETIME=10-----------------;time in minutes for qualifying session MAXVALIDLAPS=12----------------;number of valid laps in qualifying (i.e. best 12) PASSWORD=------------------------;password ADMINPASSWORD=ayumi---------;boss password SENDTIME=125---------------------;Frequency of server updating in miliseconds.For LANS please try lower values. minimum 30 REGISTER=0------------------------;Register host to main server list. 0=no, 1=yes MINQUALIFYLAPS=0----------------;minimum laps to do for qualify (0=always qualify) Please post your questions (if you have any) and we'll try to answer as fast as we can. (and if we can of course hehehe) cheers
Guest Ph3nyx Posted February 20, 2004 Posted February 20, 2004 i have done all the configuration for the nkservercfg.ini , as listed upside but when i launch the nkserver.exe it crash (v 0.99b) i try on two different config winxp pro sp1 directx 9 p1500 512mo ram et gforce ti4200 win2k sp4 directx9 p1000 256mo ram and gforce mx 440 both crash helppp
Guest m00ndancer Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 Try using the nKDeamon to configure ther server. .NET is required. Links on site. http://www.nkzone.com
Guest zarker Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 The older version of the server says win2k/XP. But there is no windows version requirement stated for the latest version. Does this mean it supports win98se? I am unable to see my server on the NKTRACKER window, and i cant connect to it over my lan. Is this because my server system is win98se?
Guest m00ndancer Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 nkTracker v0.23 - System updated : 2003-12-21 This system shows the informations of the server launched by nkDaemon.NET. Have you started the server using nKDeamon? Don
Guest zarker Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 ok i installed NET. and my sever still does not register on nktracker i have a firewall, but i've disabled i'm using the configurator - latest version any more ideas?
Guest m00ndancer Posted February 22, 2004 Posted February 22, 2004 Sorry to say this but the nKDeamon req. 2000/XP and without the right OS the nKDeamon won
Guest zarker Posted March 14, 2004 Posted March 14, 2004 ok - now I have WindowsXP. I have disabled the XP firewall in order to test the NKdeamon server on my PC - and got infested with unwanted apps, ads, and virus' of various kinds. I'v now reinstalled XP, disabled the XP firewall and installed Zonealarm Pro. I've setup as many rules as I can think of (for my prog and the ports 6000-6002, and the ones needed for DX8. I can join the severs on the tracker page, but I dont see my name, or anybody else's on the list of drivers for the race. It works OK if I disable the firewall (which I tied for about 10 seconds), but i cant leave it down otherwise I'll end up having to re-install XP again. Is there some other port i need to configure? currently I gave configured UDP (for both IN and OUT going) 6000-6002, 6073, 2302-2400. Many thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now