Guest Zykon Mancs Posted October 5, 2004 Posted October 5, 2004 I bought a Momo in march in this year and until october it was sent back twice to dealer because losing precision of gas, break and wheel. Is that normal? I used it a lot (27.000 km), but i used it smoothly, i don't like brutal style. If that tendency remains, i'm thinking about Microsoft Precision Wheel. I heared it calculates moves from infrared optical sistem (like mouses with ball inside), and it's hardware is very very strong. Is that true? I was read a lot about Act Labs racing sistem, but in Romania (where i live), i can't find it at all. Is there a "perfect wheel"? Thx for any opinion, Mancs
Jaap Wagenvoort Posted October 5, 2004 Posted October 5, 2004 If 'perfect' all includes the price: no I have used a MS Sidewinder Precision Racing wheel and its hardware is waaaaay more vulnerable than the MS Sidewinder FF wheel I have now. The FF wheel is very solid. A friend of me already races such a wheel, intensively, for over 4 years now.
Guest max 2 Posted October 5, 2004 Posted October 5, 2004 Zykon I don't presonally have to momo but I friend of me has it. He had the same problem u had with your momo and it was just a software setting. It's well know that logitech momo's driver are quite bad, there is some 3rd party ones that stop the autocalibration of the pedal etc.... have u tried to ask in this forum ? http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showforum=43 maybe u can find an answer at your problem. My friend acctually could calibrate the momo rightly but in the endurance races it was loosing precision becouse the auto calibration.... anyway momo has a lot of problem when u have to set it, but the feeling u have when it's in your hand is not comparable with any other Swheel I have tried. try to work on the software.
Guest mickyknox Posted October 9, 2004 Posted October 9, 2004 MSFF Sidewinder here- 4 years and counting, still going strong Simon
Guest Zykon Mancs Posted October 9, 2004 Posted October 9, 2004 Thx guys for replies! I wrote wrong.. that wheel I though is Microsoft FF Wheel and not the Precision one (that has no FF).. Jaap, the price now is secondary, i don't want to wait all time for repairing. I want a GOOD wheel (better then my Momo) Max, it was not a software prob. The wheel had calibration probs, i solved it with DXTweak2. The pedals was wrong, they did lose the precision at all. After repairing it was perfect again without any software changing. But only for a few months. Now it has precision probs again. The wrong components are the potentiometers. In MS FF are used some optical pieces, so i trust in it because that. But it's not a cheap thing, so i have to be sure in my decision. Max, thx for the other forum link, but i don't speak italian.. only english and hungarian. All bests, Mancs
fab9000 Posted October 11, 2004 Posted October 11, 2004 regarding momo problems you can check here: http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html I had the same problem
Simulatu Posted October 22, 2004 Posted October 22, 2004 Mancs, I sent you an e-mail, did you receive it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now