Guest Big_Al Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 G'day, I'm a newbie to Netkar and from what I've seen of it so far, it's great. I'd love to do some online racing, but wouldn't have a clue how to join an online server. Most games simply have the feature built in or run thru a separate program (such as in GPL). Can anyone please explain to me in simple terms what I need to do to be able to join an online server? What do I need to configure? Do I need additional software? Etc. I installed the game from the file "netKar099namiefull.exe" Any help is very much appreciated, thank you. Cheers
Guest daf Posted September 14, 2004 Posted September 14, 2004 Hi, to join a race you need to: - open this page, click on the IP button you want to join - open netKar multiplayer window and paste that IP address in "custom server" textbox - press add button - after few secs in the upper grid you'll find server name & specs - click on name server to select it - select the car you want to use - press "join race" button
Guest Big_Al Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Excellent, thank you. That makes things understandable now, appreciate it. I imagine it's the same with the list of the other servers that are shown, except if they have passwords tho'. Wich brings me to my next question, how do you find out what their passwords are? Thanks again. Cheers
Guest Big_Al Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 Actually I need to ask another question, probably sounds a bit dumb, but can this game be played over a LAN? If so how is it setup? Your help is appreciated. Thank you. Cheers
Guest daf Posted September 15, 2004 Posted September 15, 2004 - password: "If you find a door locked it means someone doesn't want you to get in" , i mean you can't *find* passwords around for locked servers, because those servers don't want to be freely accessible. They are probably up for private or restricted-access championships, team-only races, test races and so on. - LAN: yes netKar can be played on a LAN following the same steps needed to host & join a race on The Net.
Guest Big_Al Posted September 16, 2004 Posted September 16, 2004 - LAN: yes netKar can be played on a LAN following the same steps needed to host & join a race on The Net. 225673[/snapback] OK, next question, I now know how to join a server, but how do I actually host one for a LAN? There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the game interface to Host, only Join. Once again, your help is appreciated, thanks. Cheers
Guest Canseco Posted September 16, 2004 Posted September 16, 2004 First, edit nkservercfg.ini and modify this strings SENDTIME=40 REGISTER=0 Launch nkserver.exe and take the ip that appears here: RUNNING @ 192.168.0.70 PORT 6000 You only need the ip 192.168.0.70 to enter as a client. Hope this help you.
Guest Big_Al Posted September 17, 2004 Posted September 17, 2004 First, edit nkservercfg.ini and modify this strings SENDTIME=40 REGISTER=0 Launch nkserver.exe and take the ip that appears here: RUNNING @ 192.168.0.70 PORT 6000 You only need the ip 192.168.0.70 to enter as a client. Hope this help you. 226219[/snapback] Ummm, no actaully, I'm afraid it doesn't help at all I get the bit about launching nkserver.exe and the IP address, but "You only need the ip 192.168.0.70 to enter as a client." is as clear as mud. What do I do with this information? Where is the IP entered? Does entering this IP create a host game? If it's entered on a particular PC to host a game can you also play the game from this PC? Thanks again. Cheers
Guest Big_Al Posted September 17, 2004 Posted September 17, 2004 Ignore my previous post. I finally worked out how to run a Host after several hours searching thru the forums and playing around with nkDaemon. It'd be really helpful if there was a comprehensive help on how to set all of this up including how to join a server somewhere. I guess we can't have it all considering it's free. Although any server that's in the list here http://www.nkzone.com/nkserver.asp none of them seem to work. I wonder, does it ever get updated? It also seems that no one ever races on the official server, coz every time I check it, there's never anybody there. Weird. Anyway, thanks for your help Canseco
Guest Canseco Posted September 17, 2004 Posted September 17, 2004 Use this link to find online servers http://risingsun.hmc5.com/nk/tracker/index...iew=server-list
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now