problem: online stability - netKar PRO Forums - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

problem: online stability


Recommended Posts

Guest xyrion
Posted

Hello all,

I have some major problems playing netKar online... The game keeps crashing down with this message:

--

NKS caused an invalid page fault in

module KERNEL32.DLL at 01c7:bff766bc.

Registers:

EAX=007f003c CS=01c7 EIP=bff766bc EFLGS=00010202

EBX=00000000 SS=01cf ESP=007f0000 EBP=007f0010

ECX=00000000 DS=01cf ESI=007f0108 FS=49bf

EDX=bff76855 ES=01cf EDI=81d6cc68 GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

e8 13 ad ff ff 8b 55 08 8f 82 b0 00 00 00 8b 4d

Stack dump:

002a0014 00000000 007f003c 007f003c 007f0024 bff766fd 007f003c 007f01b4 00000000 007f01b4 bff883ed 007f003c bff79060 00000000 008effec ffffffff"

--

It hapens exclusively when I'm online and quit the race("leave the pits"). I can sometimes play a few races in a row with no problems, but in the end it does crash. It doesn't matter if I'm alone on track or with a full grid, if a quali is over or I'm just restarting my practise... It feels like my netKar rolls the dice to see if it will crash, every time I "leave the pits". Sometimes it manages to crash down my whole system, but for that i blame my outdated OS (win98se can't handle crashed programs well), not netKar. I have no problems with other games(online or not), nor with system stability in general. Offline netKar works great without any problems or (undocumented)bugs.

My box is sufficient for nK:

-OS is win98se(with all the updates)

-AMD3200+, 512ddr, gf2mx, 56kmodem, momo wheel, gigs of free space...

-all drivers are updated, directX 9.0b

I'm in a desperate need of some online netKar racing...

Help! Suggestions? Signs of sympathy? Customer sevice? Anyone... sad.gif

Guest max 2
Posted

Never heard of that problem before....

I can only suggest to proced by step.

the the audio off (disable the sound card) and try with out it....

then turn the video driver to the savemode (don't remember where, there should be a bar that turn the video accelerration off).....

I can forward and traslate ur massage in the italian forum, maybe someone knows how to solve ur problem.... keep checking this forum, maybe it takes couple of days for the answer! biggrin.gif

Guest IronFly
Posted

EAX=007f003c CS=01c7 EIP=bff766bc EFLGS=00010202

EBX=00000000 SS=01cf ESP=007f0000 EBP=007f0010

ECX=00000000 DS=01cf ESI=007f0108 FS=49bf

EDX=bff76855 ES=01cf EDI=81d6cc68 GS=0000

UHM.... Do you have a Sound Blaster sound card?

It seems a problem with some library of SB; sometimes nK enable the reverb on SB card and doesn't kill it when you go out of nK.

let me know.

C'ya

Guest max 2
Posted

kunos (the developer of this game) posted that u need to write the graphics card u have and post the log file that Netkar creates when u lunch it (in the root dir of netkar).

maybe with this info u can have an answer and make the game more stable! biggrin.gif

Guest xyrion
Posted

My graphics card is "Asus V7100" (geForce2 MX chip, 32mb ram) running on nVidia detonators 53.04, and I have an onboard soundcard "Realtek ALC650" (on Asus A7N8X motherboard with nForce_audio_4.31 drivers).

Log.txt in netKar root is empty, 0 bytes.

Tonight I'll try racing with audio/video acceleration turned off and will report here the results...

You've been a great help so far, I appreciate it smile.gif

Guest max 2
Posted

ok I forward it to kunos smile.gif hope he can help !

Guest xyrion
Posted

I finally did some tests:

-First thing that I did was downclocking my machine so I can be absolutley sure my hardware isn't causing any problems.

-Then I turned "hardware sound acceleration" off via dxdiag(a program that comes with directX).

-Next step was turning off graphic hardware acceleration in Display Properties\settings\advanced\performance. It has 4 options ranging from none to full acceleration. At first two options(no accel), i couldn't start a race in netKar because those options turned off my T&L (Transform & lightning). Next two options don't turn T&L off so I could play it again. But netKar started crashing again...

-Last thing that I did was to turn off all the visuals in netKar (640*418 16bit, lowest viewing distance, specular and enviromental mapping off) and turning all sounds off.

results: It still keeps crashing when i play it online and leave the pits sad.gif

note: when playing nK online i don't use any firewall or similar software, my ports are open and even that part of my system is clean of errors(I play liveforspeed online with no problems).

If anyone else has any suggestions or something until kunos responds... I'll be happy to try it.

Guest max 2
Posted

unfortunally there are no answer in the italian forum for ur problem... and I guess that without logfile kunos can't figure out how reason of the crash.

maybe try with some old driver of the video card.... the gefo2mx it's not really good supported my the new detonator... I have a TI4200 and with the last driver I have problem, with the "old" 43.xx the games gains even some frames!

sorry if I can't be of real help..

have u tried a complete reinstall of the system? (I would suggest win XP instead of win98, expecially for the addons that use the framework(nkdaemon for example))

brake a leg!

nk rulez, keep trying.

Posted

have u tried a fresh netkar installation?

Guest xyrion
Posted

Yes, I've tried a fresh install of nK but with no success.

Now I'm experimenting with graphics card drivers ...we'll see

If I find a fix for this problem, I'll report it here

In the meanwhile I'll have to race alone(or in LAN)

GTO@ mugello, suzuka ...oh, what a hard life

nK still kicks other racingsims' arses! eclipsee_steering.gif

p.s. I'm waaay too lazy for a OS reinstall

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.