racing online with firewall - netKar PRO Forums - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

racing online with firewall


Recommended Posts

Posted

HI

I have setup a rule in my firewall opening up port 6000 for any application, accessing any internet site, incoming and outgoing, via UDP or TCP.

I still cannot connect to any of the servers in racelist with my firewall enabled.

I connect ok if the firewall is disabled, so there must be something else going on - getting blocked.

Any idea what it might be?

Thanks

Posted

thanks again smile.gif

I've open the ports 6000-6002 UDP in/out.

i've opened the dx8 ports, and even the dx7 ports as well.

Still nothing - and i've made sure the servers i'm conecting to are in PRACTICE status.

damn

Posted

Thanks moondancer

I have Norton Personal Firewall, which i have configured ok for GPL & Vroc. Infact GPL works ok both from my Host PC (Win98se), and also from a remote PC on the network through Win98 ICS.

So far i've had problems in NK from both the host and remote when i have the firewall enabled - but its all ok with the FW disabled.

I was wondering if DX9 is using some extra ports?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smile.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.