Delighted, but frustrated...

Guest GB-Rebel

Guest GB-Rebel

Hi all:

My first post here... I'll try to keep this as short as possible...

First off, I'd like to thank Kunos for giving us all this fine sim (notice I didn't say game... =). It truly is... IMHO... one of the best sims ever written. A few laps after driving a F3000 around Limerock, and I almost forgot I wasn't driving Sierra's GPL. (*Grin* =)

Yes it's still a little rough around the edges, and it could use a few refinements, but then... it's not mature yet is it? (anxiously awaiting the 1.0 patch... =)

Ok... now for the plea for help...

I've had ver 0.9.9 for the last month, runs beautifully (W2k machine). I have it installed on another machine on my LAN (W2k also). I use a Win NT 4 (sp6) server to run nkserver.exe server on, which I then connect to with the 2 W2k machines, it runs very well like this. (though the cars are crooked sometimes... LOL!)

My problem is this... I can find servers on the internet, and connect to them, but I NEVER get past the "Syncing" screen cattive09.gif

I have no problem at all with any other program/game going out/in through my LAN. I read in the forums here... just keep trying... but it never connects...

Should I just wait for ver 1.0, or is there something I may have missed somewhere that I can try?

Thanks again to all who made this sim possible... =)

Rebz...

Guest Aristotelis

Hello GB-Rebel!

Unfortunately the 099 version has still some problems with multiplayer, one of them being the hated "syncing" problem. Mainly happens on NAT's and strange lan configurations trying to go outside on an internet connection. kunos told me he has fixed the syncing problem on the new 099b but I have yet to try it so I can't really be specific on this problem.

I'll try to ask other people with similar problems and see if they have manage to find a solution

cheers

Guest GB-Rebel

Thanks for the quick response Aristotelis...

I've been aching to get online and race (and get stomped probably huh.gif ) with this sim, but I'll be happy with LAN play until the 9b patch is released... (need any beta testers?... rolleyes.gif )

BTW.... while I'm connected to nkzone/forums I can see my firewall connection window flashing about every second 62.149.130.121:80 I've never seen any other site make and break so many connections.... any clue?

Hoping to see ya'll on the track soon...

Rebz...

PS. I like your flying pig logo SHOCKED.gif