[Editor] Skins and Setups Manager by Fuorigiri

VELOCIPEDE

Se ho ben interpretato la domanda stai usando un percorso di installazione personalizzato quindi avvia Steam, clicca il tasto destro del mouse quando il cursore é sopra la voce Assetto Corsa, seleziona Proprietà/FILE LOCALI/SFOGLIA I FILE LOCALI...

Puoi così individuare il percorso. Dall'applicazione devi selezionare la cartella che contiene acs.exe

Edited by FUORIGIRI

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FUORIGIRI

• VELOCIPEDE

• james729

• matty46

Grazie. quando vado a scaricare le skin mi esce could not load ssl library, solo in un caso mi ha scaricato una skin ma dopo averla inserita nella cartella content-cars quando apro ac una finestra mi dice errore e non vedo la nuova skin.Se potete aiutarmi.....grazie

No. Le nuove skin vanno inserite nella cartella dell'auto. Se hai scaricato ad esempio una skin per bmw m3 gruppo A allora

cars\bmw_m3_e30_gra

e non

cars

L'applicazione é nata per rendere più agevole l'installazione di nuove skins. In base a quanto scrivi stai facendo l'operazione manualmente.

Quando sei nella scheda Gestore skin seleziona, nel primo box a sinistra, l'auto per la quale la skin, che hai scaricato, é stata realizzata. Clicca quindi con il tasto destro del mouse sulla voce evidenziata in blu e seleziona Aggiungi skin. Scegli l'archivio che hai scaricato. Attendi l'estrazione dei file. Se l'operazione é andata a buon fine il nome della nuova skin compare nel secondo box da sinistra.

• 3 weeks later...

nuova versione 0.3.4.0

Immagine_1.png

Immagine_4.png

Immagine_5.png

Immagine_3.png

Languages:

• English
  • Finnish
  • German
  • Italian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese

The application is portable so no installation is needed.
With this application you can:
· manage skins (download, install from archives, delete, rename, launch showroom)
· manage setups (edit and compare them)

It has been tested on Windows 7 64 bit with administrator account and it is designed to work with default or custom paths of "Early Access" and "Steam".
The first time you start the application, it will check for:
· acs.exe
· Assetto Corsa folder (where AC saves replays, setups, etc.)

If you are not using default paths but custom ones then a window will appear and you have to set both paths (even if you use for example only a custom path for installation files). This is necessary why once SM.ini is created, application will read paths from that file. I hope I wasclear.

Example of default paths
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Assetto Corsa

If you are using default paths then you have to do nothing, just use application.

Skins Manager Tab
Exploring skins
As you start application you’ll see all available cars under “car list” column.
If you click on a car you’ll see all skins related under “skin list” column. If you click on a skin a preview will be displayed.
If you double click on a car name it will be opened relative folder. The same happens for skin names.

Install a new skin
1. Select a car under “car list” column.
2. Right click on car name and select Add new skin voice
3. Select compressed archive (only .rar, .7z and .zip) and the application will extract all files to right path.

Delete a skin
2. Select a skin under “skin list” column.
3. Right click on skin name and select Delete voice.

You can also delete multiple skins: just hold CTRL and select skins with mouse then click on Delete.

Rename folder of a skin
3. Right click on skin name and select Rename voice.
4. Cursor will blink. Write the new name and press Enter on your keyboard.

Write a name of your choice in the box next to "New folder name" label and click on Rename button.

Launch showroom
3. Right click on skin name and select Launch Showroom voice.

Download new skins Tab
1. Click on Load list/Refresh button.
2. Select a skin from combo box. A preview will be displayed (internet connection required).
3. Click on Download button to download selected skin. File is saved in the same folder of SkinManager.exe

Preview images are saved to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\SM_preview so no need to download them every time. If you want to delete cached files click on Settings and select Off under Cache voice.

Car Setups Tab
Add new setup
1. Select a car in the first box.
2. Select a track in second box.
3. Right click on track name and select Add new setup voice finally select the file with ini extension.

Delete a setup
2. Select a track in second box. A list of all available setups will be displayed in the last box on the right.
3. Tick the setup then right click on setup name and select Delete. You can delete multiple setups.

Duplicate a setup
2. Select a track in second box. A list of all available setups will be displayed in the last box on the right.
3. Select the setup then right click on setup name and select Delete (no need to tick it).

I suggest to run application as administrator.
If you have any problem please attach a screenshot and provide url of the forum post where you downloaded the skin.

If you’d like to use application in your own language please contact me and I’ll send strings to be translated.

Share your skins

If you want your skin added to database there are two alternatives.
The first one is that you write to me to add it: I'll upload the skin to my dropbox account and then I'll update the list of downloadable skins.
The second one is that you help me using the ini file attached to this first post (Modulo_SKINS.INI). Fill it then send it to me and I'll update the list of downloadable skins.
This is how the file is structured:

[sKIN_NAME]
URL=direct link
PREVIEW=direct link (no attached images to forums)
ARTIST=your name
SITE_URL=link to where you release you skin (forum/blog, etc.)
PATH=leave it empty

Always use direct links.
Examples of direct links:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69075619/SKINS/Ferrari_F1.rar
http://dirtydriver.de/downloads/A500-St_Sus.zip
http://s5.postimg.org/qmcaqwa93/2014_01_28_00003.jpg

Example of links with redirect:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8rp05i2dhk7wij/P4_5_Competizione.7z
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/showroom_77_003-png.7567/

Dropbox links which contains /s/ are not direct links.

Changelog
0.3.4.0 - 31/01/2014
improved archives extraction
bugfix
0.3.3.0 - 28/01/2014
bugfix

0.3.2.0 - 27/01/2014
added button for updating downloadable skins list
0.3.1.0 - 25/01/2014
updated portuguese localization

0.3.0.0 - 24/01/2014
car setups comparison and editing
added Polish localization
added Portuguese localization
added FOV calculator
improved paths management
bug fixes

added German localization
added Finnish localization
several GUI changes
added tab to download skins
added tab to manage setups
added possibility to set custom path for "Assetto Corsa" folder

added Italian localization
added button to launch Showroom

fixed initial directory issue

Added button for setting "assettocorsa" path

>>>>>Download<<<<<

• 2 weeks later...

ciao velocipede,

quando viene rilasciato un nuovo update diventa incompatibile fino al rilascio della nuova versione di skin manager!? causando qualche problema in game!? 

quando aggiornano l'app, bisogna procedere in qualche modo particolare per sostituirla con la precedente versione!?

grazie e scusa il disturbo!

ciao velocipede,

quando viene rilasciato un nuovo update diventa incompatibile fino al rilascio della nuova versione di skin manager!? causando qualche problema in game!? 

quando aggiornano l'app, bisogna procedere in qualche modo particolare per sostituirla con la precedente versione!?

L'applicazione é portable quindi non va installata, non crea chiavi nel registro di sistema ecc.

Quando viene rilasciato un aggiornamento cancelli tutta la cartella contenente i file dell'applicazione, scarichi l'archivio della nuova versione, estrai il contenuto, clicchi sull'eseguibile e usi l'applicazione. Dovrai solo reimpostare i percorsi se non utilizzi quelli di default.

L'ultima versione é la 0.3.9.0. Il link per il download é sempre lo stesso.

ciao velocipede,

L'applicazione é portable quindi non va installata, non crea chiavi nel registro di sistema ecc.

Quando viene rilasciato un aggiornamento cancelli tutta la cartella contenente i file dell'applicazione, scarichi l'archivio della nuova versione, estrai il contenuto, clicchi sull'eseguibile e usi l'applicazione. Dovrai solo reimpostare i percorsi se non utilizzi quelli di default.

L'ultima versione é la 0.3.9.0. Il link per il download é sempre lo stesso.

Ti ringrazio!  :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

nuova versione 0.4.0

image.png

Immagine_2.png

Immagine_3.png

image.png

image.png

Languages:

• English
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese

The application is portable so no installation is needed.

With this application you can:

• manage skins (download new ones, install from archives, delete, rename, launch showroom)
  • manage setups (edit and compare them)
  • manage tracks

It has been tested on Windows 7 64 bit with administrator account and it is designed to work with default or custom paths of "Early Access" and "Steam".
The application also works on windows 8.1.

The first time you start the application, it will check for:
· acs.exe
· Assetto Corsa folder (where AC saves replays, setups, etc.)

If you are not using default paths but custom ones then a window will appear and you have to set both paths (even if you use for example only a custom path for installation files). This is necessary why once SM.ini is created, application will read paths from that file. I hope I wasclear.

Example of default paths
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Assetto Corsa

If you are using default paths then you have to do nothing, just use application.

Skins Manager Tab

Exploring skins
As you start application you’ll see all available cars under “car list” column.
If you click on a car you’ll see all skins related under “skin list” column. If you click on a skin a preview will be displayed.
If you double click on a car name it will be opened relative folder. The same happens for skin names.

Install a new skin
2. Click on Add new skin in the action bar
3. Select compressed archive (only .rar, .7z and .zip) and the application will extract all files to right path.

Delete a skin
3. Click on Delete in the action bar.

You can also delete multiple skins: just hold CTRL and select skins with mouse then click on Delete.

Rename folder of a skin
3. Click on Rename in the action bar.
4. Cursor will blink. Write the new name and press Enter on your keyboard.

Launch showroom
3. Click on Launch Showroom in the action bar.

Download new skins Tab
1. Select a brand.
2. Select a skin from the table.
3. Click on Download button to download selected skin. By default file is saved in SKINS folder. You can choose a different folder clicking on Settings (menu bar).

Preview images are saved to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\SM_preview so no need to download them every time. If you want to delete cached files click on Settings and select Off under Cache voice.

How filter works
If you want to look at skins of a particular releaser just click on a cell inside ARTIST column. The name of the artist is automatically written to the white box next to "Apply" button. Click on "Apply" and will be shown all the skins by that artist.
If you want to see again all the skins of the selected brand delete the name of the artist and click on the "Apply" button.
The same is valid for release date.
As regards filtering by skin name at the moment you have to write the exact name of the skin since the component does not allow to search sub strings.

Car Setups Tab

Add new setup
2. Select a track in second box.
3. Click on Add new setup in the action bar, finally select the file with ini extension.

Delete a setup
3. Tick the setup then right click on setup name and select Delete. You can delete multiple setups.

Duplicate a setup
3. Select the setup then click on Delete (no need to tick it).

When there is some value out the ranges the application saves a file named Log.txt so you can check the error. Setups ranges are collected manually since values are stored in data.acd which is encrypted. If you find any error or missing setup please report.
I suggest to run application as administrator.

If you have any problem please attach a screenshot and provide url of the forum post where you downloaded the skin.
If you’d like to use application in your own language please contact me and I’ll send strings to be translated.

FOV Tab
Tracks Tab

Known issues
No progressbar for .7zip an .rar archives.
Error loading png images.
When you restore the application from taskbar, columns of the grid do not fit to content.
Some antivirus detect the application as a virus so you should add to exclusions.

Changelog
0.4.0.0 beta - 15/07/2014
ui_car.json editor (Skins manager tab)
new database type
display archive size to download
display number of skins in a folder (Skins manager tab)
tracks manager
fix for application freeze during download
can filter skins by brand, artist and release date

0.3.9.0 - 21/02/2014
updated Portuguese translation

0.3.8.0 - 20/02/2014
updated French translation
0.3.7.0 - 17/02/2014
can save language choice
added missing setting in bmw_m3_e30 setup ranges

>>>>>Download 0.4.0.0 beta<<<<<

This post has been promoted to an article