Fredric Aasbo Toyota Supra MKIV Drift

VELOCIPEDE

nuova versione 1.1 http://www.drivingit...s&showfile=2650

Fredric Aasbo Toyota Supra MKIV Drift 1.10

By: FSR and Niels Heusinkveld

"Chucky" is back!

This mod is based on the original Supra model by Siim Annuk (Some1). The mesh has been modified and reworked by yours truly to accurately represent the battered and beaten Toyota Supra, driven hard by Fredric "The Hammer" Aasbø in the 2010 Formula Drift season.

This famous Supra, nicknamed "Chucky" due to it's many battlescars, has been described by Formula Drift announcer Jarod DeAnda as being "held together with zip-ties, bubble gum and the hopes and dreams of Norway".

My goal for this project was to create a drifting experience as close to the real thing as possible. A car that drives like a regular car, and doesn't float all over the place. And I think we are close. Thanks to Niels and hours of testing, I now feel that I have a car that can go fast around the Nordschleife as well as pull backwards entries. It's still not 100% perfect, but then again, neither is the real "Chucky".

A big thanks goes out to everyone who has been involved in creating this mod. A special thanks to Fredric Aasbø himself for valuable feedback and information regarding setup and physics.

===================================

Credits:

- Siim Annuk (original mesh, shaders and lightflares)

- Fredrik Sørlie aka FSR (reworked model, textures, physics testing and setup/tire work)

- Niels Heusinkveld (physics and tires)

- Mianiak (rFactor model conversion, textures and cockpit work/gauges)

- ADUBZ (project management)

- Racing Line Developments (2JZ sounds)

Features:

- Physics based on real data from the 2010 Team Japan Auto Supra

- 2JZ sounds

- FFB upgrades

- Fresnel shaders and lightflares

- Working gauges (including boost)

Notes by Niels about the wheel setup and physics:

Hello! Thanks for trying the Supra Drift Car! I did this project because it is fun, and to show that rFactor is pretty capable of doing extreme sliding despite people often claiming you can't drift with it. I have simply tried to make a very powerfull, front engined rear drive car, with plenty of steering lock. Nothing was done to make it drift, unlike most drift mods which feature unrealistic tires and inertias (etc).

Getting a big slide going and keeping it going balancing with throttle and opposite lock is one of the best feelings you can have, so give it a go! You do have to look at a few things first though:

Steering setup:

- Steering lock 720 degrees (yes, Fredric has a very short rack)

- Select the 'Realfeel' upgrade in the car upgrades menu

- Realfeel settings:

MaxForceAtSteeringRack=1750.000000

SteeringDamper=11500.000000

FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000

smoothingLevel=0

rFactor setup:

- all axis sensitivities at 50%

- zero speed sensitivity (controller / rates menu)

- FFB effects set to "LOW", strength -100% for Logitech, +100% for some other brands

- Higher framerate is better, you can't have enough!

- Start rFconfig.exe, turn Vsync OFF!

Windows setup:

- ATI: Google Ati Tray Tools, set 'Flip Queue Size' to zero

- NVIDIA: in driver options set Frames Rendered Ahead to zero

- This reduces latency, though if you have the wrong type of screen / tv, you might still be in trouble..

- Make sure graphics driver settings don't force Vsync to be ALWAYS ON (it must be OFF!)

I really hope you enjoy the mod, and don't hesitate to leave feedback or ask us questions. This will always be a work in progress, and there's still a lot of stuff to improve!

Best regards,

Fredrik Sørlie

This post has been promoted to an article

This post has been promoted to an article

• 3 months later...