Dopo l'annuncio di ieri dell'acquisizione da parte di Motorsport Games, arriva oggi una nuova patch per KartKraft rilasciata da Black Delta. Dopo l'update di qualche giorno fa, definito dagli sviluppatori come il più significativo miglioramento all'handling dei kart dal rilascio del simulatore, oggi vengono corretti alcuni bugs.
L'aggiornamento precedente, cominciato come una semplice analisi del carico sullo pneumatico durante il passaggio sui cordoli ha portato alla luce un bug che una volta risolto ha restituito dei kart con un feeling molto più naturale e con un force feedback più dettagliato.
Commenti nel topic dedicato
Build 0.1.0.2929 is now live! Please restart Steam if you do not see the update.
We're back with another update and arguably the biggest change to the handling of the karts since the launch of KartKraft. What began as an analysis of tyre loads when riding over kerbs, quickly became a much deeper investigation into the damping response of the tyres with respect to the rate of change of steering input. This uncovered a bug in the method used to calculate the damping velocity of the tyre and after it was resolved, we witnessed much more consistent loads across varying steering input rates of change. As such, all tyres/classes have been re-tuned with the result being an improved and much more natural driving feel that allows you to lean on the tyres during cornering, trail brake and lap consistently with more detailed force feedback.
We've also been working with Valve to investigate and fix the issues causing some players' wheels not being detected by KartKraft despite Steam Input being disabled both by the player and in the steam game backend. Valve has now released a patch for Steam and we have made changes that should resolve this for all players. Despite the good news however, this change does require all controllers to be rebound.
- Improved implementation of Minimum Force for wheel force feedback
- Improved FFB algorithm
- Added basic support for Logitech Wheel LED lights
- Reduced stopping force of gravel traps
- Setup parameters now display the significant digit when set to values below 1. i.e 0.1 rather than .1
- Fixed bug where controller would receive force feedback when wheel is being used and vice versa
- Fixed tyre damping bug that caused incorrect loads when cornering
- Improved tyre and handling model for KA100, X30 and KZ2 classes
- Fixed issue where Steam would steal Direct Input wheel control away from the game. This change will require you to rebind your wheel
- Added frame identifier to UDP telemetry. Telemetry clients can now validate telemetry frames using KartKraft.Frame.FrameBufferHasIdentifier(bytes)
- Fix for wheel input being overridden by Steam when user has Steam Input enabled
- HUD now shows vehicle class
- Fixed leaderboard not updating after exit of time trial event
- Easy/Medium AI retuned to make them easier
- Fixed crash when adjusting KZ2 drivetrain sprocket teeth.
- Fixed AI vehicles sometimes failing to load
Build 0.1.0.2964 is now live! Please restart Steam if you do not see the update. Another small update with the following improvements:
- Reduced load sensitivity of MG Yellow tyres
- Reduced default brake strength for newly purchased KA100 vehicles so braking is much easier to control
- Fixed bug where some wheels would auto-centre when using a 180 degree steer limit
- Fixed input errors when attempting to play using gamepad with a correctly bound but unplugged steering wheel
- Fixed some glitches in input settings menu when using wheel controls
- Fixed some undesirable wheel forces when retiring from race
- Added a 2sec fade in for FFB when transitioning to driving. (This will be improved for rolling/flying starts in a future update.)
- Added a mild FFB soft-lock at steering wheel limits
- Added a debug launch option -DebugUDPTelemetry. If set, all telemetry will be logged to project_k.log for debugging problems with motion rigs. Warning: use sparingly, and remember to turn it off, as it can result in very large log files.