[WIP] Mallory Park by RobJames

VELOCIPEDE

As my first attempt at a complete track build I decided to pick a little UK track of which I could easily obtain photographs/visit etc to try and build a really complete track.
I've never used 3Ds Max previously so this whole process so far has been a learning curve from the start.
Here are some early screens in max, i've managed to get a basic point cloud for the area which has allowed me to build the track so far with the correct gradients.
I've already scrapped and started again the track surface 3 or 4 times but just down to learning the process and refining it each time. All the objects are being built as separate 3d models for the time being such as buildings / marshals posts / curbing etc again to learn faster about modelling of which should help the overall effect.
I will be sure to keep this thread updated with news and information about the build and hopefully try and share any useful information that I learn as I go along to encourage others to also try building.

jlAlSqlcvAwDr_xs.jpg j9wahotd17sHd_xs.jpg jmmyxPp0fe5qG_xs.jpg jbrVvHTaY7Y8hK_xs.jpg

fonte AC forum

Edited by Uff

This evening, I've had a play around with creating various models for track side items. Now i'm fully aware at this point that they may be overkill but as this is a learning exercise as well as a gift to the community I'll try to build it to the highest standard I can try. So although the item's have high poly count's and quite a lot of detail it's my preferred way of working, I can always scale down the polycount if/when the time comes and can test it in game rather than having to re-build items because the quality sucks.

Anyhow here is some early mock ups of the guard rails. These are the straight sections, i'll also be replicating but adding visual damage/dents etc on some units. The idea is to make the track look used, rather than clean and clinical.

jbeUEUOmgFxHM4_xs.jpg

Ok so a quick update, again today did some model building with the focus on having a go at creating the bridge.

jb2JEuPQG4HSav_xs.jpg

Edited by Uff

Just thought I would update this with a quick screenshot of the scene just using some temp textures to see how things look.

jbmlfEHl6bP6X2_XS.jpg jU6DCHoIAk3YH_XS.jpg

• 3 months later...