[Shift 2] Minimod Handling

VELOCIPEDE

http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=931

Here is a very minimal mod which makes tyres less floaty, without being intrusive. AI seems to cope very well with it, and I have good driving sensations with it. It does not change grip levels or anything important, just make the tyres react quicker to steering movements.

Extract the two .bff files from this archive, and place them in Pakfiles folder in your shift install. Backup your two original files before.

2. In logitech profiler, use default wheel settings, uncheck "allow game to change settings".

Shift 2 uses friction and damper it is intended by the devs, it has to be enabled in the profiler if you want at least to feel what FFB is supposed to be. (see pic in original thread)

It seems some fanatec users can't disable separetely friction/damper and therefore they have the full FFB as it was meant to be, while most logitech users miss some effects as they have disabled friction/damper in profiler.

1. Spring and Damper set to 100%

2. "Report Combined Pedals" unchecked (even if you have DFP, DFGT, or MOMO. There is a bug in the game when pedals are combined)

3. "Allow Game To Adjust Settings" unchecked.

4. "Enable Centering Spring" unchecked.

Edited by Alessandro Pollini

Guest piov1984

Qualcuno ha provato questi files?

Per il consiglio di togliere la spunta da allow game to change settings sono d'accordo... sennò è inguidabile nei cambi di direzione con alcune macchine... 360 gradi... beh purtroppo quando si guida con le macchine non possedute e non si può modificare lo steering lock è l'unica strada...

Io l'ho provato migliora molto la guida.

Cmq io uso anche la dinpunt8.dll per eliminare il lag ai comandi.

Volante: G25 originale nessuna mod

Settaggi profiler: 501

Guest piov1984

Io l'ho provato migliora molto la guida.

Cmq io uso anche la dinpunt8.dll per eliminare il lag ai comandi.

Volante: G25 originale nessuna mod

Settaggi profiler: 501

• 2 weeks later...

minimod - handling - now with strong AI

Link Removed

Minimod for NFS Shift unleashed, with optional strong AI

By Juls

Here is a very minimal tyre mod which gives more reactive handling, without being intrusive. It contains two things:

- a .dll file which helps reducing controller input lag we have when framerate is low. This one should work with any wheel.

- modified tyres

It does not change grip levels nor FFB, it just makes the in-game steering react quicker to controller, the tyres react quicker to steering.

As a result, it kills most of the floating some cars have on my computer, and the tyres are less forgiving as they reach their limit quicker.

AI seems to cope very well with it, and I have good driving sensations with it. Maybe you will feel the same.

Link Removed

By Juls

Now strong AI for both quick race and career.

Here is a very minimal tyre mod which gives more reactive handling, without being intrusive. It contains two things:

- a .dll file which helps reducing controller input lag we have when framerate is low. This one should work with any wheel.

- modified tyres

It does not change grip levels nor FFB, it just makes the in-game steering react quicker to controller, the tyres react quicker to steering.

As a result, it kills most of the floating some cars have on my computer, and the tyres are less forgiving as they reach their limit quicker.

AI seems to cope very well with it, and I have good driving sensations with it. Maybe you will feel the same.

Install

--------

1 - Depending how strong you like the AI, copy the two .bff files from averageAI or strongAI folder to the Pakfiles folder in your Shift install.

* averageAI is the original minimod.

* strongAI offers three AI levels above the difficult level of original minimod.

2 - Copy the dll in your Shift install (where shift2u.exe is)

Sample wheel settings (what I am currently using with G25)

-

In windows and/or logitech profiler:

Combined axis: OFF

Degrees of rotation: 540

Enable Force Feedback: ON

Overall Effects Strength: 100%

Spring effect strength: 50% <--it's not canned effect, this multiplier applies to Spring effect created by the game you can see it in dll log file.

Damper Effect Strength: 30% <--it's not canned effect, this multiplier applies to Damper effect created by the game you can see it in dll log file.

Enable Centering Spring: OFF

Allow game to adjust settings: OFF

In game, G25 profile separate pedals:

FFB: 100%

Steering deadzone: 0

Steering sensitivity: 50

Speed sensitivity: 0

Steering lock: 540

Sometimes, (more often if like me you don't use logitech profiler), FFB does not initialize properly when game starts.

To force FFB to reinitialize and be sure you have it entirely, pause and restart the race with Escape key, or use alt+tab to switch to windows, and alt+tab to switch back to game.

By Juls

v0.3 http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=31890

0.3 default springs and dampers are set to middle stiffness for all cars.

Quick race AI strength adjusted

* Unfortunately only quick race AI is affected. Career AI is unchanged *

- modified tyres

Install

--------

1 - Depending how strong you like the AI, copy the two .bff files from averageAI or strongAI folder to the Pakfiles folder in your Shift install.

* averageAI is the original minimod.

* strongAI offers three AI levels above the difficult level of original minimod.

2 - Copy the dll in your Shift install (where shift2u.exe is)

Sample wheel settings (what I am currently using with G25)

-

In windows and/or logitech profiler:

Combined axis: OFF

Degrees of rotation: 540

Enable Force Feedback: ON

Overall Effects Strength: 100%

Spring effect strength: 50% <--it's not canned effect, this multiplier applies to Spring effect created by the game you can see it in dll log file.

Damper Effect Strength: 30% <--it's not canned effect, this multiplier applies to Damper effect created by the game you can see it in dll log file.

Enable Centering Spring: OFF

Allow game to adjust settings: OFF

In game, G25 profile separate pedals:

FFB: 100%

Steering deadzone: 0

Steering sensitivity: 50

Speed sensitivity: 0

Steering lock: 540

Sometimes, (more often if like me you don't use logitech profiler), FFB does not initialize properly when game starts.

To force FFB to reinitialize and be sure you have it entirely, pause and restart the race with Escape key, or use alt+tab to switch to windows, and alt+tab to switch back to game.

• 2 weeks later...

Minimod - handling v0.4

Link Removed

Minimod for NFS Shift unleashed

By Juls

In this version, grip is lowered you will go slower than in original game. And AI now is good everywhere (career and quickrace).

- modified tyres

It does not change grip levels nor FFB, it just makes the in-game steering react quicker to controller, the tyres react quicker to steering. As a result, it kills most of the floating some cars have on my computer, and the tyres are less forgiving as they reach their limit quicker. AI seems to cope very well with it, and I have good driving sensations with it. Maybe you will feel the same.