gRally - Page 24 - Rally - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

albim75

Era praticamente da giugno del 2015 che non c'erano più notizie ufficiali riguardanti gRally, l'atteso simulatore rallystico fatto dagli appassionati per gli appassionati. Finalmente oggi un post sul neonato blog del progetto ci parla di un gRally 2.0: in sostanza l'introduzione di nuove funzionalità e la loro implementazione nell'ultima release di Unity hanno comportato non poche difficoltà, ma ora si riparte per... una nuova prova speciale!

You've been not hearing anything from us since a while. Our journey has not finished. It has just started. Welcome to ‪#‎gRally‬ 2.0. Follow us on http://www.grally.net and check the dev blog!

13015427_1713268852280522_13039523121225

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• albim75

• tekoevo

• vcorp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In un dettagliato post sul nuovo blog ufficiale, il team di gRally ci spiega come sarà implementato il co-pilota, ovvero colui che nel corso della prova ci segnala in anticipo le insidie del tracciato rallystico, nell'atteso simulatore dedicato almondo della derapata.

Hello world! this is the first post I wrote on our new website/blog and I’d like to share some thoughts about the challenges of developing a virtual co-driver that looks like a real co-driver. When I started developing gRally and I needed to hear the pacenotes, so I started with an efficient and basic method: From the stage editor I simply put the notes in the place where I wanted to hear them.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcatore, uno degli artisti del 3D dietro all'atteso progetto denominato gRally, ci spiega le ragioni dei suoi "mal di testa" durante il lavoro di sviluppo della tappa Baitoni - Bondone presente nel simulatore rallystico. Tutti i dettagli sul blog ufficiale, commenti in questo topic del forum.

I’m Marcatore, one of the 3d artists behind gRally. This is my first blog post as a gRally developer and today I’d like to explain what we’re doing on the Baitoni-Bondone stage. In few words: optimizing, optimizing and optimizing. As Mulder explained in the last dev blog post, this stage is our playground to test solutions to problems or to introduce new render technologies, and at the moment, we can’t add anything new due to the low FPS we have…so we have to optimize it if we want to go a step further...

Ma non è come avere un cappio al collo usare Unity per un simulatore di guida che vuole 60fps stabili?

Non sarebbe stato meglio...usare qualcosa come il nuovo Unreal Engine?

Se non erro pure KartSim era partito con Unity e poi... per ovvii motivi hanno dovuto optare per un engine più performante e più facile da gestire se si vuole ottimizzare il tutto.

• 1 month later...

Il team di gRally ci presenta oggi un nuovo diario di sviluppo dedicato al suo atteso titolo rallystico. L'argomento di oggi è lo sviluppo di Trier, una spettacolare prova speciale ambientata nel pieno centro città, con numerosi oggetti ed edifici interamente riprodotti in 3D.

In order to test the limits of the graphics engine and implement the lessons learned from the development of the Baitoni Bondone special stage, our 3d artist “Gundam” has started the creation of the Trier Circus Maximus stage. This unusual location hosted the power stage of the German Rally and our 3d artist was amazed by the idea of reproducing something he considered the “Montecarlo” of rallies. This idea came some years ago and the project was supposed to be created for Richard Burns Rally. The creation of the stage started but due to the fact that the export tool from 3DS Max was missing, “Gundam” decided to convert it for rFactor 2, because it was allowing him to better control and evolve with the project.

• 3 months later...

Dopo alcuni mesi di silenzio, il team di gRally torna a farsi sentire e ci presenta oggi un nuovo diario di sviluppo dedicato al suo atteso titolo rallystico. In particolare ci vengono spiegati i vari particolari riguardanti l'asfalto e le tipologie di terreno, che influenzano ovviamente la guida e la dinamica del veicolo. Particolarità molto interessante è la possibilità di avere l'asfalto bagnato o persino umido, come si nota dagli screens di anteprima.

Autumn is here and brings rain and wet patches, so we better get prepared. During the summer time, we concentrated on dry asphalt dynamic changes and variations, both in terms of graphics and physics, trying to improve the driving experience. We started working hard on a dedicated shader for the road or whatever driveable surface. This permitted us to handle in an optimum way the graphics quality through using pbr materials and generating wet surfaces and rubber marks with a mix of “physical” materials that can be elaborated by our physics engine. Even though we haven’t finished and optimized our code, the results are very interesting and greatly improves the driving feeling, especially in the transitions from one surface to another.

akagi_wet_00-300x248.jpgakagi_wet_02-300x256.jpg

akagi_wet_05-300x258.jpgakagi_wet_10-300x263.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...