RaceRoom lancia il torneo WTCR Esports pre-season con 4 gare - RaceRoom Racing Experience - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

RaceRoom lancia il torneo WTCR Esports pre-season con 4 gare

VELOCIPEDE

Il team Sector3, in collaborazione con i propri partners, lancia il torneo WTCR Esports  pre-season. Si tratta in sostanza di un campionato online composto da sole 4 gare, in attesa del consueto torneo esport completo, con vari premi in denaro, che sarà poi proposto nei mesi a venire. La particolarità di questo WTCR Esports pre-season è la presenza di 10 piloti WTCR reali, fra i quali il campione Norbert Michelisz su Hyundai i30 N TCR.

La fase di prequalifica per il primo round parte proprio oggi pomeriggio alle ore 17, sul circuito del Hungaroring, per concludersi il 31 Marzo. Qui di seguito riportiamo tutti i dettagli, per commenti e discussioni utilizzate questo topic del forum dedicato.

WTCR promoter Eurosport Events and long-term esports partner RaceRoom have launched a four-round contest with real WTCR racers competing in each event, including the original gamer-turned-racer and current King of WTCR, Norbert Michelisz.

A prelude to the full Esports WTCR online championship due to begin later this year, the pre-season series lists TrackTime, TAG Heuer and KW Suspensions as partners with a TAG Heuer watch going to the champion.

What’s in store?
Scheduled to give WTCR drivers the chance to engage with fans while they wait the start of the 2020 WTCR season, delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the pre-season Esports WTCR series will feature four tracks from Esports WTCR 2019, cars and liveries from last season, while several WTCR drivers have signed up to take part (see entry list).

Drivers use Esports WTCR to keep sharp
Niels Langeveld, a podium finisher for Comtoyou Racing in the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup last season and a prolific online racer, is one of those drivers. He said: “Esports simulator racing is getting more real and I practice a lot on it. I do competitions with esports and it also helps with braking points because when [the weather conditions change] you suddenly have to rely on all the experience you have in the simulator racing.”

Michelisz: The original gamer-turned-racer
Norbert Michelisz was so good at racing online that his fellow Hungarian Gábor Wéber, an established touring car racer, recommended him for a test at the Hungaroring in 2005. Despite being a total rookie, Michelisz ended up 0.2s slower than Wéber in a Zengő Motorsport Renault Clio. After winning the WTCR title in 2019 in a Hyundai i30 N TCR, Michelisz said: “A bit more than 10 years ago I was sitting at home dreaming about driving a racing car. But in our [family’s] position, at 18 I realised that probably I was not going to make it. But then I was invited for a test when I was 21. It was the first time for me driving a racing car because of my gaming results. Year by year I managed to climb a bit higher. Even coming from Hungary to get a works seat was something unbelievable, let alone winning races and being in a position to fight for a world title on two occasions.”

Pre-season Esports WTCR schedule
Event: Hungaroring
Time attack starts: 17h00 CET, 25 March
Qualifying ends: 21h00 CET, 31 March
Multiplayer race live: 19h30 CET, 6 April

Event: Slovakia Ring
Time attack starts: 21h00 CET, 31 March
Qualifying ends: 21h00 CET, 14 April
Multiplayer race live: 19h30 CET, 20 April

Event: Ningbo International Speedpark
Time attack starts: 21h00 CET, 14 April
Qualifying ends: 21h00 CET, 28 April
Multiplayer race live: 19h30 CET, 4 May

Event: Sepang International Circuit
Time attack starts: 21h00 CET, 28 April
Qualifying ends: 21h00 CET, 12 May
Multiplayer race live: 19h30 CET, 18 May

RULES IN SHORT
*Top 20 in each time attack will qualify for the top server with up to 10 spots available for real WTCR drivers in each race
*Positions 21-44 in each time attack will race in Server 2, P45-68 will race in server 3, P69-92 will race in server 4
*Same points format for server 1 as used in Esports WTCR 2019 (5-4-3-2-1 in qualifying, 25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 to the top 15 in Race 1 and Race 2). Server 2-4 races purely for fun so no points awarded
*Tyre wear on, penalties and balance of performance applied
*Set-up blocked, fuel consumption and pitstops off

SERVER 1 RACE FORMAT
19h00: Server opens for practice
19h30: Live stream begins
19h35: Qualifying (15 minutes)
19h50: Race 1 (25 minutes)
20h15: Race 2 (25 minutes, top 10 reverse grid)
20h45: Live stream ends
(Server 2, 3 and 4 races won’t be streamed but results will be published)

WTCR DRIVERS IN ACTION
Mikel Azcona (Spain) CUPRA TCR
Kevin Ceccon (Italy) Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce TCR
Yann Ehrlacher (France) Lynk & Co 03 TCR
Luca Engstler (Germany) Hyundai i30 N TCR
Néstor Girolami (Argentina) Honda Civic Type R TCR
Esteban Guerrieri (Argentina) Honda Civic Type R TCR
Mato Homola (Slovakia) Hyundai i30 N TCR
Niels Langeveld (Netherlands) Audi RS 3 LMS
Norbert Michelisz (Hungary) Hyundai i30 N TCR
Tiago Monteiro (Portugal) Honda Civic Type R TCR

HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
The server 1 races will be available at the WTCR’s official Facebook page and YouTube channel with James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller providing their expert commentary.
https://www.facebook.com/WorldTouringCarCup
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hyZEj1aRrbDkbWnKWekZA

MORE INFORMATION
Registration is free and entry information is available here: http://game.raceroom.com/championships/48

wtcr 1.jpg

wtcr 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lunedi alle 19,30 la prima gara online.

As the engines stay quiet on the real race tracks, the FIA WTCR heroes race at home instead!

Eleven FIA WTCR drivers, including World Champion Michelisz Norbert, will be challenged by the 20 fastest WTCR fans and Esports drivers on RaceRoom, in a four-round challenge! The first round takes place in Hungary, and you can watch it live here!

Participate in the next round for free, and challenge the WTCR stars yourself: http://game.raceroom.com/championships/48

• 2 weeks later...

Lunedi alle 19,30 gara 2

The battle continues: Eleven of the real FIA WTCR drivers compete against the 20 fastest Esports drivers, live from the virtual Slovakia Ring on RaceRoom!

In the opening round, Gergo Baldi claimed the championship lead, while Yann Ehrlacher and Mato Homola performed the best out of the real drivers. This time, the race promises to be even closer: In pre-qualifying, Norbert Michelisz beat Niels Langeveld by just 22 thousands, while all 20 Esports drivers were within less than 2 tenths. 2 races are coming up - don't miss the action!