Aris Vasilakos ci spiega tutti i dettagli di Assetto Corsa Competizione - Page 2 - Assetto Corsa Competizione - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Aris Vasilakos ci spiega tutti i dettagli di Assetto Corsa Competizione

VELOCIPEDE

Time to talk about audio in Assetto Corsa Competizione!
Before the development of ACC started, we scratched our heads about which audio middleware would fit our needs with UE4. After some experiments and internal testing, we confirmed FMod because it has been improved over time and we can count on a quite fast support.
Me and my mate Alvio Costantini (the KS coder that is taking care of the FMod implementation in our code, among other stuff like replay and highlights system) rewrote the FMod project structure from scratch and believe me, it was (and it is) a big challenge. Just an example: in Assetto Corsa, the engine sound event used to run just two parameters (rpm and throttle). The lack of time prevented us to make further big changes to the existing audio structure. In Assetto Corsa Competizione there are HUGE changes to that. For example, the same engine sound event relates to over 10 unique parameters. This puts the immersion bar at a new level but making so many things work together as expected requires almost double the working time than AC1....

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/audio-monkey-hear-monkey-do.51069/