Annunciato Project CARS 2 ‘ultimate driver journey’ - Project CARS 2 - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Annunciato Project CARS 2 ‘ultimate driver journey’

VELOCIPEDE

Con un filmato in alta risoluzione 4K ed un breve testo, il team Slightly Mad Studios annuncia ufficialmente l'arrivo per fine 2017 del nuovo Project CARS 2, sottotitolato come "the ultimate driver journey". Il gioco offrirà oltre 170 vetture e 60 circuiti, focalizzando l'attenzione anche sulle stagioni e condizioni meteo specifiche, neve inclusa, come si nota dal trailer di lancio.

Project CARS 2: the ‘ultimate driver journey’ returns late 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. With 170+ cars, 60+ tracks, varying terrains and motorsports, tested and approved by world-class drivers, and featuring more iconic cars from the world’s most elite brands, Project CARS 2 is the most beautiful, authentically-crafted, and technically-advanced racing simulation game you’ve ever experienced.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• delpinsky

• MaestroSmeri

• rockerbauer

Alcune risposte di Ian Bell in persona riguardo il nuovo gioco:

Every new track we've added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We're also scanning some of the old tracks that weren't previously scanned. I don't have the list to hand but the Nordschleife is now fully scanned (as is the Nurburgring GP circuit).

We're still working on multiplayer features. I have 10 full time dedicated multiplayer coding staff on the project now and we're working very hard to deliver all that we want to deliver. That delivery list is VERY long though and at some point very soon we have to stop new feature work and move to bug fixing and polish. So I can't say for sure yet sorry. Our main focus has been on improving the 'acuity' of the online experience; on dealing properly with griefing (wreckers) and dealing more efficiently with those suffering temporary connection issues.

We have massively increased the detail on tracks in terms of using fully 3d trees, adding live track details, etc. So while the overhead is increased, we've also worked very hard to improve efficiency. On dual cards and on AMD kit in particular we are much faster than we were before. We're running at 90+% efficiency with crossfire and we've optimised other areas massively. We have more to do but a fair summation would be that you'll get more quality for less kit in pCARS2.

We're still full bore for 'Septemberish' but there's no way we're shipping this one before it's properly QA'd and sensibly bug free. So it's a case of 'when it's done'.

Yes. We have new physics and from that falls out new FFB. For this one we're shipping (as of now) 3 FFB preset options (we default 1 of course) that you can single click and get (hopefully!) the feel you prefer from the feedback. I'm biased but it's a huge step forward from the rocket science we had before. That rocket science is still hidden in sub menus and accessible for the more masochistic :)

We've completely changed our audio. We've moved to the fmod rev based system with custom plugins. Therefore we've had to recreate all of our base audio input for pCARS2. We have a wonderful team that are working overtime now to transform all of our extant audio to the new system. I think it sounds massively better for those cars that have been converted thus far. It's a case of polishing now. Those cars that are polished sound epic if I may say so :)

We've massively reworked our pad input filters to try to pre-empt what the user wants to happen, in coordination with what actually happens in game. It's been rewritten from scratch and we've been influenced a lot by what our competitors do here.
What we want to happen is that we don't need to build in subtle understeer for controllability to allow the average person to enjoy the experience on a game pad. I personally have put away my wheel for pCARS2. I'm using a pad exclusively and I'm insisting that we retain the dynamics of the car but allow the player to control such things as sharp front end turn in and on the apex and on-throttle balance with full throttle oversteer and opposite lock controllability (if that makes sense)... That was our aim 2 year ago and I think we've achieved it. I think it's a very affirming experience for pad users now.

The FFB is transformed in pCARS2 and we have a one click three option 'feel' system (as of now, this may change) to allow you to get the feel you want instantly. The FFB should not need to be tailored per car. It should reflect the nuanced differences of each car.

fonte GT Planet