[GTR2] - FP HD Driver Suit Fix

Alessandro Pollini

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=8003

File Name: FP HD Driver Suit Fix

File Submitter: Alessandro Pollini

File Submitted: 29 Jul 2016

File Category: Patch & addons

FP HD driver suit fix by Scorpyo

From the first day when BariCZ have released his HD FP driver textures I was annoyed with the fact that they had problems with Alpinestars gloves which was caused because he just flipped texture for left (or right, I'm not sure anymore) glove when he was making another glove and that caused logos to be inverted. I'm sure that most people didn't even notice that but I did and that bothered me a lot. Furthermore, even if you could have many different styles of gloves you couldn't have many different suits colours. In fact you could only have one red and one blue suit and all other styles have white suit in combination with different gloves. I have redo the gloves and all logos are now properly oriented. I also made new suit colours so now we have 10 body styles with 8 different body colours and 10 gloves styles. Those styles are 01 - 10. All styles are listed below.

01 - Black Alpinestars suit, Black Alpinestars gloves
02 - Blue Alpinestars suit, Blue Alpinestars gloves
03 - Green Alpinestars suit, Green Alpinestars gloves
04 - Red Alpinestars suit, Red Alpinestars gloves
05 - White Alpinestars suit, White Alpinestars gloves
06 - Blue Alpinestars suit, Blue MOMO gloves
07 - Green Alpinestars suit, Green MOMO gloves
08 - Grey Alpinestars suit, Grey MOMO gloves
09 - Red Alpinestars suit, Red MOMO gloves
10 - Yellow Alpinestars suit, Yellow MOMO gloves

Another problem was that he didn't make a mesh for custom FP driver body style and also he has never released the template so that you can make your own HD FP driver body textures. That resulted with many mods that have custom FP driver body textures but those textures are made with default GTR2 FP driver body texture template which is low res and many people actualy didn't use those custom textures because of that. To fix that I made new body style, 00, which is assigned to custom texture. To have custom FP driver body texture set FP driver body style in genstring to 00 and place your texture in team folder with name "DRIVERBODY_CUSTOM.DDS" and all drivers of that team will use that texture. Be aware that if you set FP driver body style to 00 but don't create texture in team folder game will CTD as I couldn't put the default texture in this mod because then your custom texture won't show in game as it will ALWAYS use the default texture.

Final problem which this mod is fixing wasn't caused by BariCZ files, but it exist in many car mods. That problem is the fact that sometimes when you drive the car and driver head move you can see through the driver chests. In my conversions I often had a lot of problems with positioning FP driver and default viewpoint as if I wanted to have best viewpoint I'll end up with looking through driver chest and therefore I had to make some compromises about viewpoint as FP driver body have to be positioned relative to steering wheel and there's nothing that can be done except to use that one position where hands are actually on the steering wheel. That problem is solved by making the chests transparent and therefore when you create custom texture don't bother painting logos or anything else on chests as you won't be able to see them anyway.

<< --------------- INSTALATION --------------- >>

Copy all files to Teams folder and replace existing ones. Make a backup of original files so that you can revert to them if you want.

<< --------------- DISCLAIMER --------------- >>

I have tested all files in this mod and they worked without any problems. However, there's always possibility that in your install they don't work as they should so once again I strongly advice you to make a backup of original files so that you can revert to them if something went wrong.

<< --------------- CREDITS --------------- >>

Original HD FP driver textures: BariCZ
Editing and fixing problems: Scorpyo

I would like to express my gratitude to BariCZ for making original HD FP driver textures as even though they did have some flaws they were great and without them I would never made this mod. Thanks a lot m8 and I sure hope to see more mods from you.

Click here to download this file

I was wondering if you could make authentic suits for F1 2016!? Maybe an idea for a new project!?