RaceRoom: BMW M235i Racing in arrivo

VELOCIPEDE

Il team Sector3, confermando il rinnovo dell'accordo di collaborazione con la BMW, ha annunciato il prossimo arrivo in RaceRoom Racing Experience della nuova BMW M235i Racing, vettura della casa bavarese fra le protagoniste di serie come il VLN Endurance Championship e la Nürburgring 24 Hours del Nürburgring - Nordschleife. Qui di seguito il comunicato ufficiale.

We are glad to announce that we extended our partnership with BMW Motorsport and through that we are able to bring you the:
bmw_logo23.jpg

BMW M235i Racing

2_4_FW_01.jpg.resource.1428672576363.jpg

With the impressive performance figures, the BMW M235i Racing - a production-based coupé - meets all the basic requirements of a successful entry-level racing car.

26897afba3fb2343421e0339a629c69a.png

The car is used in series and events such as the VLN Endurance Championship and the Nürburgring 24 Hours on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. The BMW M235i Racing is also successful on international stages for BMW Sports Trophy drivers.

BMW-M235i-Racing-VLN.jpg

The motorsport genes are also easily recognisable in the production version of the BMW M235i Coupé, courtesy of the aerodynamically optimised body design. It is propelled by the most powerful petrol engine developed so far for a BMW M Performance Automobile: a six-cylinder in-line engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology. With a capacity of 2,979ccm, the racing version is capable of generating 333hp (245kW).

Motorsport-specific driving aids such as ABS, DSC and traction control provide the required support motorsport newcomers will benefit from. The car also comes with mechanical limited-slip differential, which is also available for the BMW M235i Coupé in the original BMW Parts range. The racing car is also fitted with features such as the FIA-certified safety cell and the modern safety tank. On top of this come components from the BMW M Performance Parts range, such as the rear and front spoilers, diffusor and carbon wing mirrors.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/cars/bmw-m235ir.html

fonte R3E forum

This post has been promoted to an article

• 1 year later...

disponibile domani

You have been waiting for a long time, but it’s finally here: The BMW M235i Racing arrives on RaceRoom tomorrow. And we are proud to say that it is one of the most accurate virtual representations of a real racing car that you will ever drive.

35499118053_a408b3646c_k.jpg

The BMW M235i Racing is a close-to-production coupé, developed by BMW Motorsport. Its regular hunting ground: The Nordschleife. The traction control gives the car a very predictable handling and makes it a good entry-level car. But when you turn it off and push the pedal to the metal, the 333 horsepower strong engine will provide a good challenge.

36264004166_70f8ad75a1_k.jpg

The car comes with a wide variety of liveries, all 100% accurate representations of the real liveries that are used on the racetracks all over the world. But the car looks even more impressive when you take a look inside, and see the steering wheel with the integrated data display. RaceRoom worked together closely with Sorg Rennsport, a racing team that enters the BMW M235i Racing on the Nordschleife, and we managed to implement all of its functions into our simulation.

%5E2A661FD2B3665CE45DD64AD973A3E305C9244

Accurate sound is one of the trademarks of RaceRoom, and in order to get the best representation, our sound designer Anthony Monteil met up with the Duwo team, which entered the BMW M235i Racing at the Hankook 24h race at Paul Ricard, to get the best impression and sound recordings from all angles.

RaceRoom-BMW-M3.jpg

The visuals and the sound are important, but what is potentially the most important thing for a simracing enthusiast is that the car is as realistic as possible. In order to achieve that, we have taken some extra steps to ensure that you get the full M235i Racing experience. In addition to the factory data we received from BMW, we worked together with the Duwo team and Sorg Rennsport and collected a lot of telemetry and data which was used for the creation of our virtual version.

35911422050_09b175c461_k.jpg

Data alone isn’t everything; the feeling has to be right as well. For this reason, Oskar Sandberg joined the development team as a beta tester. Oskar has years of experience as a real racing driver, a lot of experience on RaceRoom – and most importantly, he drives the BMW M235i Racing in real life. He managed to claim the victory of the Dubai 24 hours race in the car, and this season he is driving on the Nordschleife. He could give us invaluable in-depth feedback on the behavior of the car that we implemented before the release.

We are proud to say: The only way of getting a more realistic BMW M235i Racing experience is driving the actual car. But that won’t be possible for 349 vRP. So get your virtual helmet ready for tomorrow: It’s almost time to race!

New content: 

• BMW M235i Racing
  • BMW M6 GT3 : Bathurst 12H 2017 liveries

Game:

• Lowered default minimum force setting for Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Fixed Slow Down penalty calculations on turbocharged cars
  • DRS no longer deactivates from lateral G’s
  • Changed so game stops reporting error 13 when leaving a game session after only losing a couple heartbeats during the session
  • Change so the pitlane speed information overlay always shows when inside the pitlane.
  • Fixed a case where cars would appear to be hovering above tarmac on pre-race screens.
  • Fixed some data displays showing a ticker counting up to 0 at race starts.
  • Fixed an invalid lap overlay that was sometimes showing without any text.
  • Added a button to view the leaderboards upon finishing a hillclimb run so we could get rid of the non elegant solution of showing the position bar to inform the player of his position.
  • Changed the logic for the “Restart” button in leaderboards & competitions so it no longer purges your best lap and can still show the live time diff to your ghost on the data display.
  • Fixed a message wrongly stating the next lap would be invalidated in Hillclimb runs.
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD elements would sometimes be moved when coming back from an instant replay.
  • Fixed a crash occuring sometimes when cycling through cameras in the pitlane.
  • Game now aborts start-up if no display adapter resolution was found.

Multiplayer:

• Added a dedicated server setting to set a latency limit (in milliseconds). Any player caught consistently above that limit will be automatically booted.
  • Added a dedicated server setting to force the race to end after a set time (in seconds). When set to OFF, the server will always wait for a race winner.
  • Fixed an issue where the dedicated server would sometimes not wait for late joiners to complete their loading sequence and proceed to next session anyway.
  • Fixed a case where disconnected players would sometimes remain visible on the HUD track map.

Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:

• All cars: new external gearshifts added.
  • All cars: Adjusted suspension sounds.
  • All cars: Road Noise is now pure of any chassis sounds. Increased trigger sensitivity of bump samples.
  • Audi TT cup : Increased AI respect for other cars space
  • Mercedes 190 DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Opel Omega DTM 1992 : New sounds
  • Hockenheim : fixed a harsh cut detection on the right hander entering the stadium area.
  • Nordschleife : Tweaked AI speed in Carousel.
  • Spa-Francorchamps : added some fly by cameras

Portal & Backend:

• Added Team information on player profile and leaderboards.
  • Free content is now visible again in store.

Art:

• Lada Vesta 2017: Fixed an interior window texture
  • Nürburgring : modified the font of the Porsche tagline on the GP pitwall.
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Resurfaced to reflect current asphalt, small fixes and tweaks.