*** netKar F.A.Q. ***

Guest Aristotelis

Guest Aristotelis

Q: When I click on "race" I get the message: "file d3d9.dll missing".

R: netKar needs DirectX9. Get it at: www.microsoft.com/directx.

Q: How do I set up the keyboard controls?

R: netKar does not support keyboard but just analog devices such as joysticks or steering wheels. A Force Feedback wheel is recomended.

Q: Isn't it possible to use netKar with older version of DirectX?

R: No.

Q: How can I add new cars to netKar?

R: You can't. Cars are a complex combination of dll, setup windows and physics and can't be modified or added.

Q: When will multiplayer be available?

R: The release date is not fixed yet, but it should be something between the end of May and the end of June.

Q: Is it possible to add a ghost car?

R: Technicaly yes. But we decided not to put it because not realistic at all.

Q: Will an A.I. be implemented?

R: It is likely to happen, but it's a long job that will require not less than 6 months.

Q: Cars have no grip. It looks like I'm driving on ice. I'm spinning at every corner. What's wrong?

R: All the cars have a realistic grip. It is important to get used to netKar's FOV that trade sense of speed for a better distance judgement and precision. Start with easy cars such as the Formula Renault or the MINI, leaving Supra and GTO at the end.

Q: Will damage be modeled?

R: Yes, in a non visible fashion, so no body parts missing etc. Suspension and engine are already exposed to damage. More damages will be implemented in the future.

Q: How come that netKar has such a low "sensation of speed"?

R: It's a combination of FOV and height from the ground. The wider the FOV the higher the sense of speed. The lower the height on the ground the higher the sense of speed. netKar uses a narrov (65 degrees) FOV, this is ideal to avoid distortions and give a better precision when driving in the traffic, but not very good in adding information about speed. Players coming from GPL will need some time to get used to this situation. It is possible to change the FOV in netKar using F7 and F8.

Q: When I clic on "race" I get the message: "File MSVCP60.DLL missing".

R: The file is available for the download here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/d...s.shtml?msvcp60

Copy it into the netKar folder or the windows/system folder.

Q: Where can I download new tracks?

R: The new nkZone website is not ready yet, at the moment a good file place is: www.cooparchimede.com/mbrt

• 3 months later...
Guest fcarmoracing

Have a major problem.... the netkar099beta full version wont start up. all i get is a black screen when i push on the button "track day", "start session" and then race. Do anybody know what kind of problem I got? I really want to try this sim, as I´m a professional F-Renault race driver, and I would like to see how close to real it gets!!!!

Thx a lot in advance....

P.S.: I have already downloaded the directx9, but it´s still not working.... here are my hardware config: AMD 1200MHZ processor, 64MBRam, Voodo 3D 16MB video card.... and my log.txt in the netkar folder:

"Creating main window

**** main startup ****

***** nks.exe v0.9.6 ****

***** 'Elisa' ****

Initializing 3D engine

initDirect3D()

creating direct3d object

getting display adapter mode

no TnL

creating device 16depth

creating matrix stack

Using environment mapping

Texture format=32

loading launch file

loading driver...ok

**** Init car dll ****

******* F3000.dll v1.0.2 *****

Loading cars/f3000/f3000.dll

**** Init car dll END ****

Loading texture: texture/splash.tga

Loading texture: texture/splashbar.tga

****************** ERROR!!! *********************

* KDebugLog: exception trapped correcly...closing the log *

* please send this file to Stefano Casillo at kunos@inwind.it *

It happens whenever you start netKar for the first time in every new windows session.

After you received the black screen, kill the netKar task (the first that you see in Task Manager, for XP user) and without restart netKar push again "track day" button, it will work ;) .

I hope this is the right solution to your problem and overall you have understand my bad english :ph34r: .

:bye:

Guest fcarmoracing

Thank you very much pastorious!!!! :)

I just tryed to do what you said, but it doesn´t work, when I receive the black screen, I can´t do anything else but restart the computer.... coz windows crashes when I receive the black screen!!!!

Would that work for Windows 98 users, coz that´s the Windows I run here!!!!

Anyway.... does anyone know where can I get an older version (that works) of netkar.... or maybe if someone has it, and wants to email me(fcarmoracing@pop.com.br), I would appreciate a lot.....

Thx in advance!!!!

I'm very sorry that you have not resolved the problem. Reading your configuration better, I have noticed that you use a Voodoo card, I'm nearly sure that the problem is that one, I have read from somewhere that those video cards do not manage some 3D features (TL features) used from netKar. As far as the old versions of netKar, the version difference is much.

Upgrade your system if you can :rolleyes: .

• 8 months later...
Guest d12dotcom

When I click trackday an error about "trackday.dll" comes up, anyone had this problem/know how to fix it? It worked before I tried installing some new skins etc

• 1 year later...
Is there going to be a keyboard support? I know it's not real, but not everyone can afford a wheel or a joystick.

292688[/snapback]

yes, there will be a keyboard support