Weather manager v1.1 - weather configuration selector

VELOCIPEDE

New in v1.1.0 custom career events can force specific weather settings.

This utility consists of 2 parts. The UI module added into the launcher which injects the gui into your launcher without modifying and base files and a small c# client which runs in the background and handles the file writing. The c# client minimizes to your system tray and so is out of the way and discrete.

Installation
Required .Net 4.5. get it here if you don't have it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653
Unzip the download and copy the contents of the assettocorsa folder into "../Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/". Then run acWeatherManager.exe. If you want it to run on system boot check the labeled box (it will start minimized in the tray).

Start AC and goto Settings->General->UI Modules and check Weather Manager vx.x.x

Configurations
The module will check 4 locations for configuration files,

• "USERDOCS/Assetto Corsa/content/tracks/"
  • "USERDOCS/Assetto Corsa/content/weather/"
  • "../Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/tracks/"
  • "../Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/weather/"

You can copy your .weather files into any of these locations or any of their sub-directories. Track creators I would recommend including the .weather file in "../content/tracks/yourtrack/yourtrack.weather"

Usage
Ensure the client is running. Then just select the weather you want from the dropdown

Download Weather Manager v1.1.0
Please read installation and usage instructions above.
You can find all the sources on my github page
All feedback and suggestions welcome

Stay Up-To Date with drone.io
Get latest changes/features as they're pushed to github (click the image).

A Note on Anti-Virus
As hard as I have tried to avoid this your anti-virus may flag my client up as a potential threat. To a program with no idea of its purpose it does seem to act suspiciously, listening to a tcp port (even if it is a local port [127.0.0.1:13000]) constantly. I can guarantee that my official build pose no thread to your security, nor will they attempt to access the internet under any circumstances. I also post all my latest sources on github. If your anti-virus does prevent the client from running you will stay with default weather..

Configurations Library

Creating Configurations
Configurations use standard JSON to try and make them easy to create and maintain. They must be in a file with the ".weather" file extension or they will not be loaded. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JSON (commas in the wrong place is easy to do)

Base File
The file's base is 3 JSON keys, they are the only keys required for a config to be loaded. All other keys missed will be set to default AC values:

Code:
{
"reference": "std_Default",
"title": "Default",
"description": "Default Assetto Corsa Weather"
}

• Reference: this key must be something unique or the configuration may not be loaded
  • Title: This is the name displayed in the dropdown
  • Description: Text displayed under dropdown

Other Configuration Settings
These are not required but may be of use:

Code:
"filter" : "S1-Evolution",

Code:
"defaults": [
{"track": "Imola"},
{"track": "Monza"}
],

Code:
"hides": [
{"track": "Spa"}
],

These are arrays of values, so unlimited '{"track": "dispName"},' elements can be included, just remeber the final one needs its comma removing.

• Filter: Sets PP filter to x. Use filters display name.
  • Defaults: each track listed will have this configuration set automatically to itself when the user selects a track listed (by display name)
  • Hides: each track listed will have that configuration hidden when the user selects that track.
  • Hide for all but x track: put "!" infront of the track name, eg: {"track": "!Spa"} would only show the configuration for Spa. If you added {"track": "!Monza"} to the same file it would then only show the configuration for Spa AND Monza

Adding Data

Clouds
Settings normally found in weather1.ini/[CLOUDS]

Code:
"clouds": [
{
"cover": "0.8",
"cutoff": "0.60",
"color": "1",
"width": "2.5",
"height": "1.5",
"radius": "3",
"number": "250",
"base_speed_mult": "0.0065"
}
],

Fog
Settings normally found in weather1.ini/[FOG]

Code:
"fog": [
{
"color": "0.3,0.42,0.45",
"blend": "0.9",
"distance": "9000"
}
],

Header
Settings normally found in colorCurves.ini/[HEADER]

Code:
"header": [
{
"version": "3",
"hdr_off_multi": "0.6",
"angle_gamma": "1.8"
}
],

Horizon/Sky/Sun/Ambient
Settings normally found in colorCurves.ini

Code:
"horizon": [
{
"low": "215,148,34,0.9",
"high": "80,112,159,1.3"
}
],
"sky": [
{
"low": "32,32,34,2.6",
"high": "30,116,255,0.50"
}
],
"sun": [
{
"low": "218,120,1,6.0",
"high": "160,160,170,6.0"
}
],
"ambient": [
{
"low": "102,114,150,2.2",
"high": "85,105,128,3.2"
}
]

Career Settings
Optional settings for each career event.ini. Will force the weather to the configuration/filter selected.

Code:
[RACE]
(...)
WEATHER=std_SunnyWClouds
FILTER=Dynamic
(...)

Filter setting will override filter in the weather configuration
Full Example Configuration

Final Note
Thank you for taking the time to look at this project. Track creators please do not include the main files in your downloads as that may cause compatibility issues down the line, link your users to this thread to download the latest version.

fonte AC forum

Edited by VELOCIPEDE

• 3 weeks later...