Donington Park by BrunUK - Circuiti extra (extra tracks) - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Uff

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• MaoZeTung

• TurboGigi

• Blitzkrieg

I'd been wondering about 3D grass. Definitely gonna investigate but am concerned that it might obscure the existing texture, which I actually think looks quite good if I do say so myself.
In theory I should be able to make sure it only draws up to a certain distance from camera but that might some tweaking to set up. Also, there's a hell of a lot of grass to cover and not much of it is flat. Can't think of many other circuits which have such large open spaces between the track and walls.
My main priority before releasing it is to make a separate physics model for the track, but I want to make sure the layout is correct first to avoid having to re-do it. While adding a generic bumpiness over the whole circuit shouldn't be difficult, getting the balance between making it noticeable in the softer-sprung cars but not completely undriveable in something like the 98T will take a bit of testing.

post-2-0-52477400-1407935535_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-44912400-1407935537_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-56231700-1407935539_thumb.jpg

Version 1.00 released.
Download from here or here
This is my own webspace/google drive and I'm not sure whether download limits might come into affect. It's only 165MB so hopefully it won't be a problem. If my allocation does get exceeded, please don't upload it to filesharing websites etc. before I get chance to investigate alternatives.

Some brief 1.00 release notes:
It's not finished.
There's a fast_lane.ai file so AI races should work. Tested it and was quite surprised that the AI were ok, with the usual limitations of AC AI at any rate.
There's no pit_lane.ai so you can't run a race weekend. I did attempt to create one but they just drove straight into the pit wall. Either they're stupid or I am, not sure which.
Multiplayer hasn't been tested at all. Would be great to get some feedback on that when people get chance.
Hitting the kerb on the outside of the bend on the way up to McLeans may launch you spinning into the air. It's off the racing line so hopefully shouldn't be too big a deal. Only happened to me once and I've not been able to repeat it so not sure what the cause was.
There is a separate track mesh for the physics, but I haven't had chance to tweak it yet so the bumpiness is very subtle.
Replay cameras are a bit broken, sky is black on most of them. Haven't worked out why.
Flags are static, despite them animating ok in the editor.
The 3D marbles which were in a preview video have been removed, at least temporarily. Haven't had chance to work out how to limit them to the higher detail settings so figured it was best to just get rid of them for the time being.
Other than that lot I hope it delivers on the expectations everyone has. Any constructive feedback very much appreciated.

Concordo, insieme al Paul Ricard. Il fatto che poi donington utilizzi molti dati della versione laserscanned di iracing rende l'idea della cura con cui sta realizzando da zero la pista, non la solita conversione. Diventerà sicuramente più realistica quando mettera un pò piu di imperfezioni del manto stradale e migliorerà l'ambiente circostante.

Version 1.01 released.
Download here.
Changed the gradient on approach to Coppice, adjusted kerb on the outside of Redgate. Thanks to Ben Lee for both suggestions.
Marbles are back if your world detail is set to maximum. May lower the level they appear at depending on feedback.

Ragazzi succede solo a me ho durante il replay avete anche voi il cielo completamente nero? Per il resto una delle migliori piste mai realizzate secondo me

versione 1.02 DOWNLOAD

Major changes include:
Re-worked and much higher resolution grass and sand textures
Fixes to replay cameras

Other changes:
Inclusion of pit_lane.ai
Working map
Addition of corner markers
Cones and concrete blocks at the chicane to indicate it's the GP circuit
More detailed geometry where necessary
Other texture improvement