Zandvoort by Astronozem v0.2

Guest Uff

Fonte.

v0.2

DOWNLOAD

Changelog: Everything!

Problems:
There is still trouble with the AI, they will avoid a large block of the straight. Turn on AI editor to see what I mean. I had major troubles with not being able to exit or enter the pitlane, it was either that or the AI troubles.
I cannot get the qualifiying to work with the AI, maybe somebody can work on a pitlane.ai?
They just bump in the back of each other and don't exit the pit normally. I've tried a few different pitlane AI file-recording approaches, but I don't seem to get it right. It might just be the surfaces problem.

Todo:
This version is still using the huge filtering. See how much at the tunnel under the straight. The 4 meter drop influences the road by 12.5cm at a distance of 2.5 meters.
Now I can change the heightmap and everything will change accordingly, no need to edit the meshes afterwards. So expect a bit more detail in the road and a bit less wavy-ness in the 0.3 version.
A lot of trackside stuff on the straight is missing, it is not that important at this stage. This version is all about the road and surfaces, so tell me what you think.
The 'cardboard plants' was my first attempt at transparency, they will be updated, or changed completely.

About the release they are planning: That will be another zandvoort, this is my version and I will try to release a 1:1 copy for other racing games. Oh well, enjoy. And tell me about framerates!

Update: watched F3 at the real track clear.png Placed some cones, did the inside track portion, it was just silly without.
Closed some tiny holes, only to find out there are a lot of double faces in the (temp) terrain mesh :S! Ordered a G27 this evening clear.png Changed the curbstone textures to something better, it will not make your eyes bleed anymore, changed the seats texture (thanks Lisa clear.png ), avoided doing the remaining curbstones as much as possible, haha. And a lot of small things, like some stacks of tyres, not happy with those. Don't look at them up close! So drive FAST, then you won't notice.

This is a preview, to find out if the elevation changes, banking and corners are good enough, don't mind anything else for now. There is an errror of more than 2 meters around 'Mastersbocht', right side gets bumpy there because of the misalignment. Also the Tarzanbocht is way too bumpy, I think because the road mesh is aliasing with the heigthmap. I've asked a friend to help with textures, to make the blends between different materials.
Learning new stuff as I'm going. (And breaking the rule: never show first work.. lol)

Anyway, if anyone would like to try and tell me if this is anything like the real circuit, here is the rar.

PKhoVlCs.jpg

Edited by Uff

• 7 months later...

v0.2

DOWNLOAD

Changelog: Everything!

Problems:
There is still trouble with the AI, they will avoid a large block of the straight. Turn on AI editor to see what I mean. I had major troubles with not being able to exit or enter the pitlane, it was either that or the AI troubles.
I cannot get the qualifiying to work with the AI, maybe somebody can work on a pitlane.ai?
They just bump in the back of each other and don't exit the pit normally. I've tried a few different pitlane AI file-recording approaches, but I don't seem to get it right. It might just be the surfaces problem.

Todo:
This version is still using the huge filtering. See how much at the tunnel under the straight. The 4 meter drop influences the road by 12.5cm at a distance of 2.5 meters.
Now I can change the heightmap and everything will change accordingly, no need to edit the meshes afterwards. So expect a bit more detail in the road and a bit less wavy-ness in the 0.3 version.
A lot of trackside stuff on the straight is missing, it is not that important at this stage. This version is all about the road and surfaces, so tell me what you think.
The 'cardboard plants' was my first attempt at transparency, they will be updated, or changed completely.

About the release they are planning: That will be another zandvoort, this is my version and I will try to release a 1:1 copy for other racing games. Oh well, enjoy. And tell me about framerates!