• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuka

• VELOCIPEDE

• wildsurfer

• malny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mario Gilles is refining textures and adding some details to the model. Here a couple of screenshots

ivGAiLrl.jpg UlbAzcwl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Maurizio Gilles

Oltre a piccoli aggiornamente nella grafica 3D, abbiamo iniziato a lavorare sugli shaders e sul volante usato fino alla scorsa stagione, senza paddle shift al volante.

c09TVWWl.jpg QRjJsjnl.jpg

Edited by Maurizio Gilles

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update on this project. In the last weeks we've been working on the fine tuning the car parameters. I spent a lot of time to find the best way to insert in AC the very detailed aerodynamic data we have available for this car. I came up with few different mathematical model that matches with good accuracy the real data, and we finally got something we are pretty happy with.

It's great to have laser scanned tracks in which Tristan drove with his own car. He is helping a lot trying the new physics, and giving me immediate feedback. We are working together really well. He is analyzing with critical eye everything I'm doing, and we are tuning together every single aspect of the car. He is helping me a lot checking telemetry, measuring everything he can in his workshop, and most importantly, giving great suggestions. In the last weeks we had new suspensions based on some more accurate measurements he took, throttle mapping, shifting times, fuel consumption, braking torque, and tons of other little detailed parameters that matches the real car much closer now.
The car is doing good steps forward everytime

We are both really happy on how the car feels right now, and we feel we are really getting closer now.

Here the results of last night test at Silverstone (track in Green mode at about 15 degrees C and 11 am...yes, he tries to put our car in the conditions that matches as close as possible the one in which he drove in real life).

ittMPcGl.png

Still something to tune here and there (and I got a list of suggestions from Tristan about it), but we are already close enough. For example the second straight (Wellington Straight) is a very good match.

In the meanwhile, Mario and Maurizio are improving even more their 3d model. So the project is in a very good shape right now, and we are looking forward to complete our work to have a public release (no approximate dates yet. we will release when we will be 100% happy with our car).

I take the opportunity to thank Tristan, Mario and Maurizio for the hard work, and the rest of the RSR team for their support and tests.