The SimPit by Shaun Cole - Page 4 - Multimedia - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

The SimPit by Shaun Cole

VELOCIPEDE

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• Lele "NightRider" Albanes

• 2 weeks later...

Project Sim Racer is an on going segment at The Simpit. In these segments we work with a rookie sim racer on his quest to become a sim racing champion.
In the first episodes Shaun cole worked with our rookie driver, Andreas Martin Mørch, they worked on basic handling skills and getting up to speed in the Skip Barber car on iRacing.
In this, the second full episode they move on to learning the track and finding speed. This week they are at Mosport, and this track has several difficult sections to watch out for. They also work on setting up and making passes stick. You can also see the tremendous amount of progress that Andreas has made in a few short weeks and the amount of car control and speed that he now has.
At the end of the episode Shaun also explains the few setup options that area available for the Skip Barber car so that Andreas can dial it in for his needs at any track.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently interviewed Atze Kerkhof, who is arguably one of the best sim racers on earth. In that interview I had plenty to ask a known great sim racer, but had no idea that it would turn into one of the most interesting interviews of my life. And after 2 hours Atze had changed my atttitude towards sim racing.
Following that interview Atze had returned to sim racing, and is currently making a new charge up the rankings. Having lost his pro license with the time off, he is now racing his way back into the pro series.
In this interview I talk to him about his return to sim racing, and how it is coming along. We also talk a little bit more about his real job as a driving trainer or instructor, working with some of the best names in all of motorsport.
This interview is much shorter in length but sets up the future and our ability to talk to Atze more as he works his way back into racing.

• 3 weeks later...

After 5 weeks and lots of success in division 5 of the Skip Barber Race Series, our rookie driver approaches the final week of the season in the lead. With one drop week, a good result in the final week would be enough for Andreas Martin Mørch to secure the championship. But with his iRating on the rise, tougher competition is met each week and things may not be as smooth as they have been..
After reporting on the final race of the season, Andreas sits down with Shaun Cole to reflect on the season and talk about plans for the future.
Project Sim Racer is an ongoing segment at The Simpit. In these segments we work with a rookie sim racer on his quest to become a sim racing champion.

• 2 weeks later...

In a recent episode of The Simpit, I was able to aqttend the Allen Berg Racing School for a driving session at Arizona Motorsports Park. As fun as that day was, it was cut short by bad weather. Thanks to Allen Berg, I was able to get another shot at it, this time at my home track of Autoclub Speeday. We would be running the interior road coarse which measures in at about 1.2 miles long and has 17 turns. In this show I get back up to speed in the Tatuus Formula Renault 1.6 liter.
I would like to thank Allen Berg, and the entire ABRS staff for allowing me to check this item off my bucket list. They run a top notch operation and after 2 different sessions with them and have a memory that will last me the rest of my life.

• 4 weeks later...

After winning the division 5 championship in the Skip Barber Race Series, our rookie driver, Andreas Martin Mørch, looks to further his horizons in the world of sim racing with new cars.
Competing solely to gain iRating and experience, Andreas is now in a phase of pure, hard and focused practice before making the big leap into the pinnacle of motorsport simulations.
Watch as Andreas talks about his new adventures with this new car and his new team, SDC Motorsports, and learn how you can stay up to date with his career.
Project Sim Racer is an ongoing segment at The Simpit. In these segments we work with a rookie sim racer on his quest to become a sim racing champion.