KartSim Development Update 2014 - KartKraft (ex Kartsim) - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

KartSim Development Update 2014

VELOCIPEDE

Dal lontano ottobre 2012 non avevamo più notizie riguardanti KartSim, simulatore dedicato al mondo del karting, ma finalmente oggi il suo creatore Zach Griffin è tornato a farsi sentire con un video che ci mostra i kart nuovamente in pista!

After a long wait, I'm really happy to announce that KartSim is back and better than ever. With the aim of being fully transparent, I've put together this video for you, the KartSim fans, which you can check out below with exclusive new gameplay footage. I'm looking forward to getting your feedback and answering any questions you have. It's good to be back!
Zach Griffin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m2aXzygkb0

This post has been promoted to an article

Chissà se vedrà mai la luce.... tuttavia mi sembra un gran beeeeel progetto.

Peccato per la tipologia di kart un pò datata ma questo non credo sia un grosso problema

• 3 weeks later...

da Facebook

A quick update to keep you all informed of KartSim's progress: Still working hard on the game and will be launching the Steam Greenlight campaign later this week/early next week. Also have a big announcement regarding the game which will benefit everyone so stay tuned!

Zach Griffin

• 5 months later...

Dopo un lungo periodo di silenzio, torna a farsi sentire Zach Griffin, per aggiornarci sullo sviluppo del suo KartSim, mostrandoci anche alcune immagini in laser scan di un nuovo circuito in fase di sviluppo.

Hi All, A long overdue update on the game; After the success of the Greenlight campaign and having won the People's Choice award at The Big Pitch event in Melbourne, we received numerous investment proposals from Venture Capital firms, Angel investors and game publishers.
The past 14 weeks has been spent negotiating with several of those who approached us, with many hours spent in the boardroom. Although I cannot be specific with details of the executed term sheets, I will be able to announce the round we close in the coming weeks. This will secure the future of the game/company and allow us to hire more people, expand the company, and more importantly release the game.

On the development front, the porting to Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) has gone extremely smoothly and we've incorporated your feedback/ideas that we received on the Greenlight trailer. You can now bend the chassis permanently as well as be thrown from the kart as a ragdoll if you hit hard enough. We've also added breakable tyre stacks.
The switch across engines has also yielded a massive performance boost. The tyre model alone now runs 476% faster than it does in Unity primarily due to the increased performance offered from C++ vs C#.
We've also started work on the Go Kart Club of Victoria's Todd Road track which you can see scan data from below. Screenshots from UE4 to come!
Finally, we've been testing the original Unity prototype with a number of fans we selected from the page with fantastic feedback. As much as I'd like to invite everyone to participate, the inability to obfuscate/protect the source code in the Unity version has meant holding off the release until the UE4 version is ready. We're not far off moving the testing to the final UE4 version at which point we'll invite more fans to join the beta testing as we move toward the full release!
Again apologies for the length of time between updates. I'll be adding footage from the UE4 version showing off the new features soon.
Zach Griffin

10689770_10154634951300484_8098798262804
10636315_10154634955650484_4834889274388 10456786_10154634955415484_9164095396937 10610692_10154634954690484_2093757194966