[rFactor2] - Transfagarasan North

Alessandro Pollini

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=6471

File Name: Transfagarasan North

File Submitter: Alessandro Pollini

File Submitted: 17 Mar 2014

File Category: Tracks

Author : Galaga

Transfagarasan has contributed greatly to re-igniting my passion for sim racing and I am privileged to have the opportunity to bring such a work of art to rFactor 2.

From Goibaka's track description on rfactorcentral.com:

The Transfagarasan (trans (over, across) + Fagaras) or DN7C is the most dramatic and second-highest paved road in Romania. Built as a strategic military route, the 24/90 km of twists and turns run north to south across the tallest sections of the Southern Carpathians.

Jeremy Clarkson / Top Gear, 15 Nov 2009:

That's the most amazing road Ive ever seen! [...] From above, it looks like every great corner from every great racetrack in the world has been knitted together to create one unbroken great ribbon of automotive perfection. [...] THIS is the best road in the world!

My goal is to give this conversion the care and attention to detail that it deserves so this is just the beginning.

I am releasing v0.51 of this track as a pre-alpha for community testing, feedback and assistance. Make no mistake, there is MUCH still to do. Having said that, the track is very driveable as-is so enjoy smile.png My favorite cars so far are the T280 and the '65 Howston G6 but the Civic and Spark F1 are also very fun and I can't wait to test the SLS safety car and the Regional Skippy. And looking foward to the Cobra, of course smile.png

One last thing, the track comes in 12, yes 12, configurations representing every combination of top half, bottom half, full track, uphill, downhill, tarmac and gravel. This configuration is the full tarmac downhill layout. Others will follow once this one is fully complete.

A big THANK YOU to Goibaka and MVTRACKS.com for this amazing work of art and permission to bring it to the rF2 community biggrin.png

Thanks also to Spaskis, A13 and others who have helped me get this far. Without you, I would never attempt such a feat.

Finally, thank you A13 for releasing the amazing Route 666 which reminded me of my love for rally tracks and DJC for recommending Crimson Road as a good rally-type track to bring to rFactor 2 because it is that track that inspired me to research other tracks that I may have missed which led me to discover Transfagarasan. Thanks DJC

Click here to download this file