Intervista a Paul Jeal

VELOCIPEDE

Il portale di Gamerzines ha realizzato una lunga ed interessante intervista a Paul Jeal, game director del prossimo F1 2013. Come al solito apprendiamo dall'articolo alcune notizie interessanti e non mancano gli spunti di discussione.

http://www.gamerzines.com/playstation/talking-creative-director-turning.html

GamerZines: Why did you decide to do historical content this year and not previous years? What was different about F1 2013’s development that allowed you time to get it in?
Paul Jeal, game director on F1 2013: Well, to give you an idea of what kind of journey we had. We got the license in 2008 and started developing in 2009. We made a big decision not to do the 2009 game and that paid off in 2010 with the success of F1 2010. For F1 2011 we solidified [what we had] by adding the safety car, then we had all the core components. Classics was on the roadmap from the beginning, but we couldn’t deliver that until we got all the core components. It was a lot harder than we thought it was ever going to be because ownership [of different licenses] is often split [between different parties], so when you’re trying to go after stuff not only do you have to clear the car, you need to find somebody to speak to, you have to clear the sponsors. Some teams will clear those for you, but others you need to clear yourself. And then you need FOM (Formula One Management) to sign off on them, and then we had to input to drivers who made sense as obviously some drivers are sadly not with us…

We also wanted to talk about Historical tracks, are there plans to add to the existing roster or revert old tracks to their former glory? Like Silverstone for example…

PJ: We took the view that we were either going to be able to modify existing tracks or add four new tracks, which to us felt like the lick of paint that the game needed. Same as you though, playing the games of yesteryear I prefer the layout of Silverstone as it used to be. I like going around the bridge and the fast corner section. Imola, I’d love to see that back as that was my favourite track back in the day. I think modifying existing tracks, yes we could do it but from a development point of view it’s almost as much work as building a track from scratch. I would love to see more come in.

This post has been promoted to an article