Symmons Plains Raceway by WHAT21A v0.95

Guest Uff

Did some more work on the grass today and remodeled several large sections of the runoff area's to take advantage of rfactor2s terrain blending.

Heres 2 screenshots showing the Grass technique and textures comparison and the new curb textures.

On the right you can see the old technique and textures for the grass and on the left is the new technique and textures.

jbuR6yJi9fuvbH_xs.jpg jVXAXz5A6AWro_xs.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

This is an incredibly annoying piece of track to get blending properly and get the seams at an absolute minimum. End result isn't bad though even though my OCD is telling me to get the grass all perfect its nearly impossible so this will do :D

Also new in this image, new Armco model on the left (right will be changed soon) and the inside of the hairpin has an extra piece of tarmac.

Done some more modelling in the pitlane and the pitlane exit to make that more accurate to real life and added a tonne of bumps too the surface of the mesh track is now quite bumpy. some of them i placed randomly on the track and some of them i build by hand going from videos I've found.

jB4t741HRQLlR_xs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Modelling the bridge that goes over the track at turn 3. Development has been much slower than i want because of my unviersity graduation that took place last week, moving back home over the weekend and the temperatures being nearly unbearable to work on my computer for prolongerd periods (hits 40 degrees © in here with all my gear on during the day) what i wouldn't give for Air Conditioning.

jbgSWuBdtt7PRp_xs.jpg jbhMgyApvjPj47_xs.jpg

Finally Finished updating all the runoff area's, and nearly finished replacing all the walls and armco with new models. Anyway here's a new screenshot which is my website background for now.

jzOvGMtbNfZSG_xs.jpg

Was torn whether or not to do this building but I've seen it in so many picture i decided too. May look a little odd as I've upped the gamma on the screenshot.

jIcxIFJFusBEB_xs.jpg

Here's an overview of the current state of the infield. Still some things to do such as a marshal post, adding another tyre wall on the inside of turn 2, few more advert signs and adding random objects like portaloos, cars, trucks. not decided if i'm going to make them myself or use some from standard ISI tracks (which i hope is OK if not i'll defiantly do them myself).

jbwEpF1u1TFbSV_xs.jpg

First prop completed, going to make a scaffold base and animate a man to stand behind it.

jb1TBzERdpeJv5_xs.jpg

That's me done for now. been working on this on and off throughout the day. The chairs are textured for the seat and arms in white so the colour is vertex colour which means i can make each one a different colour if i want too. There's 6 of the scaffold camera stands around the track including the one on the roof of the track control building.

jbcDIJcqAMb9go_xs.jpg