Symmons Plains Raceway by WHAT21A v0.95

Guest Uff

Fonte.

This beta release introduces the circuit to rFactor2 and therefore may include bugs and various other problems, this being my first release on the platform I wanted to get it out there for people to test and see where I can improve.

I would like to thank Tosch for his hard work on the AIW and HDR profiles for the circuit and ISI for making the game and being available for questions during development of the track.

I Hope you all enjoy the track, i've put a lot of hard work into this and I really think it's paid off.

GetMod should work, I say should because I have been unable to test it due to not having access to a server to test it on.

DOWNLOAD

Hi all, wanted to show you my first project for rFactor 2, Symmons Plains Raceway.

It was originally going to be an rFactor 1 track then ported over too rF2 but i finally bought rFactor 2 on Thursday and loved it immediately so wanted to move this project to that platform as a primary.

Nothing in this video is final a lot of the textures are just placeholders wanted to get the 3d of the track finished before starting on textures of my own, all screenshots and videos are currently in rFactor1.

My other project Silverstone Circuit will now only be released for rFactor 1 because of ISI's announcement of their own, the plan for that is to be released sometime in early July as soon as my university sorts out the Paperwork to sign over the Intellectual Property to me.

I can be followed on Twitter @WHAT21A where i will be posting regular updates of the tracks progression and on my website as soon as it's built http://www.whata-designs.com.

Video's of my tracks can be seen on my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/What21a also.

Shaun - WHAT21A

IvoqylGs.jpg c0ybwQss.jpg 3mk23G9s.jpg V4EeCIys.jpg IvxGWAcs.jpg

So i spent the last couple of hours becoming familiar with rF2 and the way it works. got all the max shaders sorted and got real road working on the track surface, There are still a load of bugs which i need to fix and a load of changes i want to make but here's the track now in rFactor 2's viewer.

aSp1XCIs.jpg

Been playing with the lighting engine getting to know how everything works, also relofted the main track area and redone the track lines to take advantage of the decals.

going to finish the pitlane buildings next and get strarted on the outfield area's.

YmeeXaPs.jpg

Edited by Uff
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

Completely restarted the pitlane building, thought i'd do it in full 3d this time see how the engine handles it if not will revert back too flat with textures.

Also going to completely redo the runoff area's of the track to take advantage of the material blending features in rF2. Easier to completely restart it than adjust the current mesh as it doesn't have the supporting geometry to effectively utilize the blending.

Kqf32btl.jpg

Here's two of the buildings i've been working on the last few days. The race control building is completely finished with full AO, i just need to move it into position. The media centre is almost finished got to redo the shaders on the building to incorporate AO and model some ducts on the roof , ignore the yellow tarmac haven't put real road in the pitlane yet

jA8MtWJ2Dgv3M_xs.jpg jbheBOC8Ey74WC_xs.jpg

Did a few tests of the grass blending features of rf2, still going to have to remodel much of the runoff and grass areas if i want to take advantage though. Also a few screenshots of the close to finished Pitlane Buildings.

Also if anyone has any pictures of the surrounding areas of the track especially the backside of the pitlane buildings i'd be very greatful to receive anything. The back of the race control building is a complete guess at what it may look like because i have no reference.

26lUo1ms.jpg FdVkPEcs.jpg wb1HZS8s.jpg bEazABUs.jpg vToHZ5ds.jpg 3QccsWes.jpg

Thanks for the pictures a few people have sent me they really are extremely helpful, if anyone has any more i'd be extremely grateful for any pictures.

After seeing a few errors in the way I've done the tyre walls, I've completely remade the the tyrewall base model. Here's a test i did with the new model in max.

jb1MMxKacp6aib_xs.jpg

Here's a screenshot of a LOD test i did this morning for the tyre walls, the top is completely flat with a normal and diffuse map and the bottom is full 3d.

The full 3d will defiantly be staying but because of it being so high poly i needed to create a LOD for it so keep performance up.

jzVKHDJlNRLJP_xs.jpg

Thought i'd figure out how to do the track reflections and do the pitlane objects. Pretty easy once i figured it out.

Development has been slow lately as I've been slightly addicted to actually driving the sim with a group of friends and getting silverstone released. Everything should pick back up now.

2d78pFJl.jpg