[WIP] Dacia 1410 Sport by Val_N

Guest Uff

Fonte.

Hi everybody

This is a model of a Dacia 1410 Sport, a unique and rather rare Romanian built coupe from the 80's. It's based on the regular Dacia 1300/1410 sedan which is mostly a Renault 12 built under license. The car had a 1.4L Cleon engine developing a "whopping" 60 something horsepower but only weighed in about 850kg. Was mainly built for rallying as in that era, under the communist regime there were very few import cars available to rally drivers and demand was high enough for Dacia develope this oddball. Right now, just a few hundred are still left on the streets, most of them in very poor condition mostly because of neglect and rust or due to really tacky "turkish style" tuning. It's too bad very few opted to modify the engine, with such low weight and compatibility with part from such Renault classics like the Renault 12 Gordini, Renault 5 Alpine/Alpine Turbo, Renault 18 and Fuego Turbo, there's plenty of potential for turning this into o monster!
I built this one in Maya starting from 3d scan made in Autodesk 123D Catch with the help of some pictures I took of my own Dacia Sport, which is getting a full restauration soon. If you're curious of just how bad it looks, here are some pictures clear.png)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4014149999905.2144942.1465956106&type=3

I did this for multiple reasons:
1. Haven't built a 3d car for a game since I've worked on Test Drive Unlimited 2 (btw, I'm a professional 3d artist here)
2. I wanted to test the new weighted normals from Maya 2013 and see how much they would reduce poly counts on high end 3d vehicles. Some details here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/vertex-normals-question.999/#post-6619
Hopefully I will be able to take full advantage of these when exporting the model to the game. If not, I'll have to update the model to suit the engine.
3. I wanted to test out different wheels, color combos and body parts before starting the restoration on my real car. I'm not settled on the wheels but they will definitely be wide. The exterior will be black with a bright red rollcage showing through and mean overfenders, just like the mentalray renders below. Engine-wise I'm still not sure, there are too many too choose from clear.png)

Some model details:
Currently the exterior of the car is complete except standard wheels. I opted for a set of 13" 3-piece Gotti R17 wheels and a mild lowering for the moment but the final car will also be available bone stock. I hope the game will have support for visual tuning like changing wheels and body parts clear.png
I haven't built anything on the underside or the interior yet, I'm waiting for final specs to see how much detail I can put into these areas. I'll definitely model the entire interior, engine bay, trunk space and make the model ready for any game that has a damage model that allows for body panels to fall off.
But for now the car will be an Assetto Corsa exclusive!

7SPbU94s.jpg 3puwHoQs.jpg 5UINirFs.jpg maDBFves.jpg

04Q3NVAs.jpg sBtilnps.jpg m3iLqG8s.jpg EzbQ9Wms.jpg

IZTSRr5s.jpg Hecm8Kjs.jpg 227wd9rs.jpg

• 1 month later...