[WIP] Alfa Romeo Concept Retrofutura 33/2 by Mirza

VELOCIPEDE

AC mod WIP Alfa Romeo Concept Retrofutura 33/2
My Alfa Romeo Concept Retrofutura 33/2 WIP is reviving the past of Alfa Romeo's whole range of 33/2 mid engine v8 street and race cars. I have started to designed the concept during the 2010, with in mind to be a mod for GTR2 simulation game. The GTR2 is a great game but am afraid it doesnt offer what I am asking for.
Hence I will go for AC as my main game for the mod and showcase. The game is just used to "bring to life" the concept car, and is the second best thing I could do. Only thing better would be that the car really would exist.
I have started on improving the model in terms of poly count to meet the AC poly limits for car models of 60K while finishing off the design. (Currently whole cars and wheels about 30K)
From technical aspect I decided to fit the car in the range of the F458. The Alfa has 1 cm shorter wheel base and similar wheel track as the Ferrari. The technical similarities don’t stop there as it has similar spec. engine, gearbox and tire and rim size. The physics test in game show that the performances are just about right as it has similar lap time to the real F458

fonte Nogrip

jbdJdS5Qkb5pRH_xs.png jBBiKOM99ALvt_xs.png
jbzte6SWrteBQm_xs.png j3kfNp9ABhsHF_xs.png

Edited by Uff

• 2 months later...

Thanks as I said here are few pictures from GTR 2 where the concept car is already operational, although in a rough form...still a good testing ground

jT4JKqRhOtqwX_xs.jpg jiM5wchoxhRot_xs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Development is going slowly, work and other activities like doing modding and modeling for P&G v3 where we have still some stuff left to be done is taking pretty much all the time away from this project.

Here is a picture from one of the aero tests I have been doing on the concept.

jCSHkuGjXirTE_xs.jpg

I have thought about a cup version or a gt2/3 style car...but to early to start working on that, there are many aspects of the car left to be done, really need to finalize my design, better said choose one final variant, as there are few of them all with slight differences. After that I might consider doing a competition version.

• 1 month later...

Sembra una via di mezzo tra la 4C, la 33 degli anni '60 e la Scighera di metà anni '90 (Italdesign Scighera per Alfa Romeo).

1997%20Italdesign%20Scighera%20Concept.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

First in game tests, looking ok considering its straight from GTR2 ( 3DSIMED>>> collada>>>3dmax>>>editor) with all textures and that the model is the old one with 16K poly without the rims....Got it also on the track and have a driving chassis. The driver position is far from perfect

bR8Id0bs.jpg bCW8mnes.png Xq3tGwrs.png 8zbiGfks.png 8o7DNBqs.png

Played a bit more with material setups, havent tried to move the driver yet clear.png but car with the f458 tires is feeling ok. Overall ease of getting the car in game is satisfactory, have to see how it goes with cockpits, and animations.

QrBi6vGs.jpg aLta5G9s.jpg SFm7kSDs.jpg gwd9lENs.jpg
YOBldtDs.jpg