MAK Corp lancia il pay modding (United Racing Design)

VELOCIPEDE

Today we are happy to announce that we will soon be opening our new online shop. The new shop is being made with a few purposes in mind and one is to help strengthen and grow the modding world by offering artists and modders the ability to sell their mods (licensed and own design) through our shop and acquire a commission of up to 75% for each sale.

Modding has become a lot more time consuming and tougher for many artists who are striving to make a living with what they love to do, MAK-Corp aims to offer such artists a base to be able to sell their work so these artists are not lost to the community and so that the community can continue to acquire top quality add ons for their favourite games.

Artists who desire to sell their own designed cars or tracks in our shop will receive 75% of each sale of their products giving an unprecendented % to the artist which is higher then any other 3D selling website on the world wide web from the starting point.

By doing this MAK-Corp can help artists make money while providing great quality content to the community.
Artists who sell on the MAK-Corp store as vendors will be required to abide laws and their work will be subject to approval. Licensed content will not be sold in the shop unless proper license docuementation is provided to show that the seller has the necessary licenses to sell the content in the packages.

Artists are encouraged to design their own cars with their own branding to which can then be sold on our shop sharing the artistic qualities of the artist to the entire community.

Car Add-ons will cost no more then 5 euro per car and there will be packages combining cars and series in a more cheaper price. Buyers who spend over a specific amount will be given vouchers and coupons as well as special gifts throughout the year.

Track add-ons price are yet to be determined. There will also be a host of other services such as skinning services, modeling services, rendering services and other services which various artists will provide through our shop. MAK-Corp already has a full list of artists who have joined from around the world as independant developers to develop and release their products in the shop for the community to enjoy at an affordable price.

Licensed cars will also be provided by various artists and MAK-Corp who have acquired licenses for such cars. Some are more well known where others are less, but we hope to provide more exposure for all licensed content as well as all artistic content from the various artists and vendors who have joined as well as those who may decide to join in the future. We are pleased to say that UnitedRacingDesign run by Alless has joined and will be selling the T5 Series Aura T5 and Bayro T5 as pictured above. You can visit UnitedRacingDesigns at http://alless84.wix.com/unitedracingdesign

Add-on content will be sold for various games such as rFactor, rFactor 2 and RACE07. Other games are also being considered to be added in the future as well as expanding to new release games in the future. This is something that is yet to be determined and will be announced as we get to those stages. Artists will be free to sell their packages on any game they choose and MAK-Corp may provide a service to add those cars to other games for players of those games if there is high demand.

If you wish to acquire more info about the shop and how to become a vendor and if the services you can offer can be applied to a product in the shop, then please contact us via messaging us here on facebook or emailing us at shanakar[at]live[dot]com

We hope the community will support this so we can provide a home for modders and artists in general to have a base to sell their content at for the community to enjoy. We look forward to opening the shop very soon.

PLEASE NOTE: MAK-Corp will continue to also provide free mods such as the Classic Cars mod and the F1 2008 mod. We won't stop providing free mods nor will we make any of those mods pay for mods as they are not licensed content. This shop is intended to help artists and modders as well as provide new things for the community to enjoy as well as helping those artists and modders to acquire some money for the hard work they put in. So please do not mistake this as our mods going pay to play, as that is NOT the case.

United Racing Design

sito web http://alless84.wix.com/unitedracingdesign

966975455t.jpg351009694t.png834397718t.jpg

Prevedo già la lista di auguri di morte e fallimenti che arriveranno... :shifty:
Per quanto mi riguarda, se questo può portare ad una qualità più alta dico "perché no". Alla fine è quanto si parlava già da tempo, ovvero rilasciare contenuti alternativi, salvo poi lasciare il compito ad altri di mettere il "tocco finale", ovvero livree e nomi reali per avere questo o quel campionato.
Dubito avranno molto successo, ma rimango alla porta per vedere cosa succederà: speriamo ne guadagni la qualità, come detto.

Bellissima iniziativa, ai nostri giorni il tempo libero per dare sfogo alle proprie passioni è veramente limitato, perchè non fare diventare una passione un lavoro ? Sempre meglio che vedere modders che ad un certo punto mollano tutto per mancanza di tempo e/o denaro.

Io ho sempre sperato che nei SIM in uscita venisse predisposto una sorta di STORE come per i melafonini, ma capisco bene che nascerebbero problemi di diritti su vetture, tracciati e quant'altro.

Speriamo bene, personalmente auguro un grosso in bocca al lupo ai Mak Corp.

Per "Licensed content" a questo punto si può intendere non solo la skin con tutti gli sponsor reali, ma anche il corpo della vettura, che in teoria quindi dovrebbe avere almeno tre caratteristiche differenti dalla sua controparte reale, per non violare il copyright, visto che adesso si parla di mod a pagamento. O sbaglio?

Come fa un "povero" modder (o modding team), come qui viene definito, il quale fa un lavoro durissimo per creare o una singola vettura o un pack vetture-tracciati, e lo fa gratuitamente per spirito di servizio verso la comunità, usando il suo tempo libero... come fa appunto questo povero modder (o modding team) ad acquisire una licenza, che di solito costa un bel pò di soldi?

Mi pare una contraddizione in termini.

Sarebbe bello, come dice Uff, che tutto ciò faccia aumentare la qualità dei lavori creati, ma il problema del copyright anche su contenuti "sbrandizzati", ma venduti nel loro virtual-shop, rimane...

Se io creo una Porsche, identica alla controparte reale, ma senza marchio Porsche, cosa succede? Me l'accetteranno nel loro shop così com'è?

E se si, mi devo poi aspettare la lettera degli avvocati della Porsche che mi intimano di togliere dal sito il mio lavoro perchè ho messo in vendita la copia virtuale di una loro vettura senza averne la licenza?

Non penso sia una cosa realizzabile!

A meno che il "Modder" non sforni modelli 3D e Texture di FANTASIA!

Non è possibile chiedere ad un gruppo di Modders di realizzare una Ferrari o una Williams a pagamento, a meno che non ci sia un "accordo" strettamente "privato" tra le parti. Ma a quel punto diventa lavoro nero sottoposto a rischi pazzeschi!

Non la vedo una cosa pulita...

Oppure che il Gruppo abbia le finanze per pagare i diritti alle case automobilistiche, pura utopia!

Ma poi se fosse vero, l'utente quanto dovrebbe pagarla la macchina?

Certo è che con Simraceway accade qualcosa di simile ma non è certo una richiesta diretta tra utente e Modders.

Lì è un prodotto che sforna auto con licenze ma ci sarà un gruppo ricco di finanze. Credo....

Purtroppo per chi come me modda continuerà a farlo per passione fino a che avrà tempo o una vera opportunità lavorativa........e non è facile...

ulteriori precisazioni:

Hello Rfactor2 Community
Ales Ogrinc on this side, also knows as "alless"
After some great and hard weeks of work I'm finally here to present you UnitedRacingDesign team as a mod team going kinda commercial. The idea is to offer you a wide range of mods in quality needed so as tweaked for good computer performance to offer great multiplayer races as well as single player fun. As it was talked in the past about how hard new mods are to be done and how long it takes I came with the idea to offer you mods in quicker time and in good quality and done completely from scratch. Im not thinking here to become a millionaire or anything close to it, I just want to make it as my full time job and rather offer the community what it needs on a regular basis.

As we have seen that rfactor has become more or less full with ripped content I'm hoping that this should be more regulated by the community and stopped for rfactor2 as we lost a lot of real modding teams in past just because of this. Modding has changed a lot in past years as the quality of work went far beyond the stuff we did in the past for free and was done more or less in far qucker time. With economy around the world going bad many modders had to change their work, going commercial so as I did for last few years and I still tried to keep in touch with some modding teams and helping them out with whatever time allowed me and my knowledge. But lets drop this for now as I'm here and hoping that the community will accept this new way I'm going and support me on this road.

So im presenting you my newly built series called T5 which is for Touring 500hp with two cars on the way called Aura T5 and Bayro T5. Im presenting you some screens of the beta test I just did a few minutes ago and they are non edited ingame screens. Videos will be up shortly too when our sounds are done. Shouldnt take too long actually.

Complete finished car ingame with everything will be offered at a price of 5 euros, but each 3rd car will be added free to those buying two cars at once in one series, if there is no series and car will be like single mod, when you buy two of something like that you can chose one of our existing mods or one of the future projects. Game supported right now by myself is only Rfactor2 and we will not do any older games like rfactor or gtr2. We do think about more games later on but for now only rfactor2.
There will be some licensed cars in the future too, some more and some not so known but we will offer them shortly. We will try to cover as much as diferent series that time and our staff will manage but for sure the T5 series will get some more cars, so as we will support a wide range of endurance cars of any type. But as I mentioned that im here to offer you my work we can make polls that you will vote what you want to be done from us. Our site is up as a beta now and im using the free host for now as I cant afford it yet to buy a domain. http://alless84.wix.com/unitedracingdesign

Our Market place or shop for the mods will be online as soon the cars will be ready and we are doing this whit co-operation with Mak-corp who are starting a new service to support artists in the modding and commercial world. MAK-Corp will also be providing packages for sale and artists can become vendors in the shop to also sell their own designed packages or licensed content. More info on MAK-Corp's version can be found on their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MakCorp3dStudios
One more thing, we need someone that has experience with rf2 animations, drivers and wipers. Please contact me on our email: unitedracingdesign@gmail.com
And if any other modder or team would want to join our projects, add some of their own content feel free to contact me on the email again: unitedracingdesign@gmail.com

Best Regards,
Ales Ogrinc
UnitedRacingDesign

Purtroppo per chi come me modda continuerà a farlo per passione fino a che avrà tempo o una vera opportunità lavorativa........e non è facile...

Il top sarebbe che la tua passione venisse ripagata, in modo da diventare "attività lavorativa" e non perdere un modder del genere, chissà che prima o poi si trovi una soluzione del tipo:

% casa automobilistica

% modder

% produttore gioco

La MAK-Corp ha aperto la pagina su indiegogo dedicata al loro Mod Management Software: stanno cercando di raccogliere fondi per sviluppare questa applicazione simil-Steam, che darà l'opportunità agli interessati di acquistare i mod di loro interesse e di scaricare con la massima semplicità anche quelli proposti a gratis, con anche la possibilità per i modder di creare versioni demo così da dare un assaggio del mod prima di eventualmente acquistarlo.

Giusto per dare soddisfazione a Uff, confermo che da me non avranno un centesimo di euro! :biggrin:

Ho gia' speso miliardi in dlc's in ambito simulazione ferroviaria, una diabolica macchinetta mangiasoldi!

Ma ora sono guarito, non ci ricasco certo con le macchinine.

Se il modding deve morire per "mancanza di tempo" dei modders (lol), beh, per quanto mi riguarda puo' anche crepare.

Saro' particolarmente cinico, ma mi sembra che lo spirito originale del modder fosse ben altra cosa.

In tempi di ristrettezze, ci si attacca veramente a tutto pur di arrotondare, il problema e' che le stesse ristrettezze le vive anche chi dovrebbe pagare.

Non esiste.

quoto 2slow4u...

Ho hai il "KULO" di lavorare in una software house oppure "moddare" per me significa condividere la propria passione con la comunità!

PS: per Nick

Ma è possibile che su questo forum non si possa scrivere KULO senza usare la K?

Mica è una parolaccia! Anzi, per me parte Femminile assai gradita!

Edited by alesanchez