Power&Glory v3 Multiplayer F.A.Q. by DucFreak

VELOCIPEDE

Power&Glory v3 Multiplayer F.A.Q.

1. Why do I get booted as a cheater?

- Both server and client must have the same files configuration. If you made the unfortunate mistake of copy/paste the whole "LOCATIONS" folder from an old GTR2 installation into the new P&G v3 installation, not just you loose the nice theme LODs and tweaked files we put in the mod, but also the "specialfx.tec" that is customized specifically for P&G - hence the mismatches online.

If that is your case (i.e, if you made that mistake), then you can try this file, then extract it into your '[PNG]\GameData\Locations' folder and overwrite files when prompted. This will revert all the tweaks for tracks to same is in the P&G v3 release. You can try online again then.

2. I get random CTDs (crash to desktop) from random clients! Why??

- GTR2 multiplayer can get unstable under certain circumstances. Make sure all of your clients have used option #1 or #2 of the installer. Option 3 does not prepare the installation and leaves all original modern GTR2 cars and probably other mods on the client installation. This will make multiplayer unstable!

- If a client with extra cars and skins (of whatever kind) joins a server and the other clients and server do not have those cars and skins, then random CTDs can occur at any time on any random client! This is a documented bug of GTR2 and there is NO solution. All of your clients MUST have the same identical installation, not a skin more.

- If clients enter and exit the server with various cars in a single session, especially if in short period times (as if like when trying various cars of the mod), then after some time of stability, random CTDs may occur. Again this is a documented bug of GTR2 multiplayer.

We suggest all clients to change the option "ADD NEW CARS" to "Always" (see in "OPTIONS/ADVANCED/MULTIPLAYER"), also to choose "ISDN" connection in the Online Lobby.

3. You mentioned that patching the Player (in the P&G Launcher) also improves multiplayer. How is this possible?

- We change some single lines in the .plr file that has largely tried and proven very effective by the community. This makes multiplayer collisions much better and also lowers lag effects. It is not necessary for all clients to have those changes and they do not create mismatches or boots, but we do recommend it. Use as you wish they are perfectly safe.

4. Fine, but how can I be certain that all my clients use the same installation?

- We are working on a utility that checks the whole P&G installation and reports any changes and differences from the original P&G. It is not ready yet.

5. I'm running triple-screens and can't get in a session, as the game crashes upon loading of other drivers in multiplayer. Is this still the same bug of GTR2?

Unfortunately we can't change the original GTR2 game code, online or otherwise, so the only solution for triple-screen users -ATM- is to try reducing the screen resolution (see here for suggestions).

• 1 month later...

scusate e che devo capire come fare per giocare online, ho l ultima versione di power e glory installato, come si fa? ...devo andare nel p. e g. laucher ,lanciare la pacht e una volta nel menu cliccare su internet ? mi chiede una pasword! cosa digito? un nome\numero a caso? o si riferisce al codice di 28 cifre che ho all interno del cd di gtr2? chiaritemi le idee !! vorrei partecipare a power e glory, non mi interessa gtr2 online! scusate ancora ma veramente non capisco!

quando ti chiede nome utente e password, prima di digitare, nella stessa pagina devi fare la registrazione in alto a destra.. ti registri, dopo di che usi i dati che hai utilizzatoto per la registrazione per nome utente e password.. il seriale te lo dovrebbe richiedere da subito se non mi ricordo male, o forse quando fai la registrazione bho, è quell'insieme di lettere e numeri che trovi nel gioco da digitare come lo vedi, cioe con le lettere in maiuscolo..

quando ti chiede nome utente e password, prima di digitare, nella stessa pagina devi fare la registrazione in alto a destra.. ti registri, dopo di che usi i dati che hai utilizzatoto per la registrazione per nome utente e password.. il seriale te lo dovrebbe richiedere da subito se non mi ricordo male, o forse quando fai la registrazione bho, è quell'insieme di lettere e numeri che trovi nel gioco da digitare come lo vedi, cioe con le lettere in maiuscolo..

GRAZIE!ok tutto ok! sono entrato! a questo punto sapete dirmi dei server italiani, dove posso trovare voi del forum ? una curiosita ma se entro in rete locale non mi da nulla! entro solo dalla voce internet....e normale cosi?

• 1 year later...

Salve a tutti e scusate se chiedo... ma ho appena installato e upgradato Power & Glory alla versione 3.1

Tutto è andato come doveva e quindi posso simulare sui miei tre monitor alla risoluzione di 5760x1080 ma c'è una cosa in cui non riesco: entrare online!

Qualcuno saprebbe indicarmi come e cosa fare per loggarmi, registrarmi o cos'altro per avere la possibilità di interagire con altri "piiloti"?

Grazie anticipate a chi mi saprà fornire la dritta giusta ;-)