Fuji Speedway 2012 by ethone & Virtua_LM v1.04

VELOCIPEDE

Fuji Speedway 2012
r_fuji2012_08s.jpg

download -> http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3522

Changelog:
v1.04
- Fix for AI slowing down at s/f line
- enabled GetMod

Changelog:
v1.03
- Some minor fixes

v1.02
- Reduced number and size of environment maps to work around a rF2 issue that would lead to bloated VRAM-usage
- some small texture size improvements
- completely remodelled marshall and starter huts
- tweaked road materials
- white lines have been lifted from the road texture and put into their own 3d model for slightly better visuals and variation
- some fixed smoothing (if find any remaining buildings with messed up smoothing let me know)
- some fixed road material properties
- added some fake skidmarks

The track was originally created by me (ethone) for rF1 back in 2007 and has now been converted and significantly updated to current standards by me and with the help of Virtua_LM. It includes two layouts (the F1 GP layout and a GT layout shortcutting the chicane) and a range of new trackside objects. If you have a less powerful PC you can make good use of the Track Detail and Shadow Detail settings which are extensively implemented. The track is designed to work comfortably with High settings (one below maximum) but does provide some extra objects and non-essential shadows for those who have the hardware to support it.

Edited by VELOCIPEDE
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuji Speedway 2012

r_fuji2012_08s.jpg

v1.00 is now live, go get it here:

Mirror 1: Rapidshare

Mirror 2: GameFront

Mirror 3: TrackCreation.net

The track was originally created by me (ethone) for rF1 back in 2007 and has now been converted and significantly updated to current standards by me and with the help of Virtua_LM. It includes two layouts (the F1 GP layout and a GT layout shortcutting the chicane) and a range of new trackside objects. If you have a less powerful PC you can make good use of the Track Detail and Shadow Detail settings which are extensively implemented. The track is designed to work comfortably with High settings (one below maximum) but does provide some extra objects and non-essential shadows for those who have the hardware to support it.

In case you are interested and weren't aware, a developer's blog has been posted for a while here: http://www.trackcreation.net/devdiary/

There is also a "review" with more screenshots and a video here: http://www.trackcrea...t/review/?p=186

• 2 months later...

v1.01 is now live, go get it here:

Mirror 1: Rapidshare

Mirror 2: GameFront

Mirror 3: TrackCreation.net

Note:

If you upgrade from v1.0 first uninstall v1.0 through the Mod Manager and move/remove/backup Fuji2012_v10.rfcmp from your Packages folder before unpacking v1.01 to your Packages folder and installing it.

The performance updates are included. Feedback on performance and how it compares to v1.0 is appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Fuji 2012 v1.02: 52.8MB

Gamefront

Trackcreation.net

The most notable difference is probably the new marshal huts. Thanks to Zephyr RU I had some incredible photos to build them from' date=' as opposed to the guesswork of the old huts, which were still unchanged from 2007. Here's a comparison of the old and new huts.

fuji_marshallposts_post_s.jpg

I also added some smaller stuff like fake skid marks in some corners, the pit in car announcement sensor, two new starter huts on the pitwall and white lines in a separate layer with some variety.

As for performance, there is an issue with rF2 which causes increased VRAM usage due to the environment mappers even when environment reflections are turned off. For 1.02 I have worked around this issue, which means the environment reflections are not as location-specific as before. They're still plenty good though, so you should still be able to enjoy them if you have the machinery to turn them on. It's a bit of a tough situation as currently we have to build the track as if everyone were using the environment reflections as far as VRAM usage goes, which kind of defeats the point of having a separate option for it.

If you experience performance that is significantly worse than on other track, particularly our other tracks Mid-Ohio and Sebring, let me know.

• 1 year later...

ma vi capita anche a voi che le auto gestite dal ai vadano per terra...........

• 4 weeks later...