Track width: 1225 mm

Rear

Pressure: 0.60 bar

Ride height: 3.0 cm

Track width: 1400 mm

Setup guide (rough copy):

Chassis

Rear axle

You should only ever use the 50mm axles, however I wouldn't completely rule out the 40mm gear. I start with the 50mm soft, because it keeps the kart smooth and stable through most corners. When I need more response in lower speed stuff, or sometimes more grip in high speed stuff I will go for a medium or a hard. It's very hard to explain axle choice, there is no real rule as to what a different axle will do so it's best to test. At least on this game it only takes 5 seconds to change an axle and 2 minutes to test it... different story in real life haha.

Front bar

For most tracks it's best to leave it out. This is what's fastest, but sometimes at high speed tracks you need to put it in to stabilise the rear end. Going stiffer will reduce the amount of roll in the front end, and normally induces understeer.

Front crash bar

I leave this tight 95% of the time. It has a very similar effect on the chassis as the front bar, but normally you would leave this bar tight and loosen it to reduce chronic understeer.

Mid bar

I always leave it out but I haven't actually tested this yet... this is an adjustment I've never had in real life.

Side pod bars

Most of the time I would leave them tight, but I loosen them off when looking to free the kart up mid-corner. In other words, leaving them tight will give you a better behaved kart, but if you are looking for mid-corner speed, especially in slower corners try loosening these off.

Rear bar

Like the front bar, for most tracks you want to leave this out. If you are struggling badly in high speed corners for stability, putting the rear bar in will give you a heap more rear grip at the expense of front grip for low speed corners.

Rear crash bar

I start with the rear crash bar loose but quite often I will tighten it up looking for better turn in. Generally speaking, leaving it loose will give a more forgiving kart through low speed stuff.

Seat

Horizontal

I start at 2.0cm, and normally leave it there. In this game it seems to help by moving away from the end with the least grip. For example, if you have a very oversteery kart with little rear grip, move the seat forwards, and vica verca. I haven't done a lot of testing here yet, so I may have to update this later.

Vertical

Almost always leave this at -2.0cm. You will get better stability and better mechanical grip with a low centre of gravity. The only time you would want to raise the seat is in wet conditions, or maybe if you are struggling with a direction change, raising the seat slightly might get the kart turning easier.

Stays

Almost always leave this at 2. This gives the best compromise between mid-corner speed and stability. I haven't really had any success yet using for, and using none only helps to get through low speed stuff, but leaves you with a very unstable kart at high speeds.

Steer

Ratio

I always leave it at 4:1, I see no real reason to change this unless it's a last resort and you have tried everything else in setup to fix you kart's handling. This isn't something we can change in real life, I'm not really sure why we are given this adjustment.

Ackermann

Ackermann is a good way to fine tune the front end, generally max is the best starting point. Reducing ackermann will normally give better front grip through the middle of a corner, but leaving it at max will make it more forgiving. Reducing ackermann can be a good way to reduce minor understeer.

Front

Caster

Generally only use between 9-14 degrees, caster is very simple. Increase for better turn in, decrease to reduce oversteer. Excessive amounts of caster can hurt the mechanical grip of your front tyres, so don't go too crazy with it.

Camber

Camber is a bit of a dark art, and I'm not sure if I'm on top of it yet. I usually use between -2 and -4, increasing camber (closer to 0... reducing negative) will give better steering response, but can hurt corner exit speed. Decreasing camber (more negative) will make the kart more forgiving to drive, but going too far will reduce mechanical grip of the front tyres and you will end up with mid-corner understeer.

Pressure

In this game there doesn't seem to be much response from changing pressure, so what I do is set the pressure to aim for 0.8-0.85 bar hot. Usually this means I start with 0.6-0.65 bar cold.

Ride height

In my experience, going lower in front ride height will offer more stability and better corner exit speed at the expense of mechanical grip. I usually use either 3.0 or 3.5, I haven't found any gains from going lower yet.

Toe in

I haven't played with this too much, but I found less toe (more toe out) than standard gave much better response and stability with seemingly no penalty. I generally leave it at -1.8, but you can go higher if experiencing understeer.

Track width

I start with 1225mm but every track is different. Going narrower will increase front roll and decrease mechanical jack. What this means is the initial turn in will be slightly less responsive but you will get better front grip mid-corner. Front track is a good way to fine tune your kart, and usually it's easiest to leave it at 1225mm until you have most of the rest of your setup sorted. Increasing front track will offer slightly better turn in and better mid-corner and exit stability, especially at high speed.

Rear

Pressure

Same as the front, although for the rear I start at 0.55-0.6 bar cold as the rears do more work and therefore heat up quicker.

Ride height

Rear ride height is similar to the front, although I have found in the game 2.5-3 seems to work best. Going lower will give better stability and rear grip in most cases, but can make the kart a little unresponsive.

Track width

Almost always leave this at 1400mm. Generally speaking, the wider the rear track the faster you can be on the exits. It is harder to drive with a wide rear track, you need to be more careful on the throttle, but there is more potential speed coming off the corners. This isn't always the case though, if you are struggling for rear grip and stability in low speed corners, or find it hard to change directions you will find gains in going narrower, although I wouldn't go lower than 1380mm.

I hope that covers everything, please ask any questions and let me know if you think something is incorrect. I will probably read through this again later and correct some stuff.

fonte Starting Setup / Setup Guide

Domande: Cos'è il Toe in?.....

Nella versione beta 4 mi compaiono diversi "?????" in alcuni settaggi, sia nei campi dei valori sia in quelli degli eventuali nomi dell'opzione da modificare...