Ayrton Senna Game by Reiza Studios - Simulatori by Reiza Studios - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Ayrton Senna Game by Reiza Studios

VELOCIPEDE

http://www.reizastudios.com/news/en/1/new-game-with-ayrton-senna/

233149723.jpg

Twenty years ago, on october 20th 1991, Ayrton Senna won his third world championship in Japan, bringing joy to millions of fans all over the world as he did so.

The overcoming of such great challenges and the intense battles fought out on track throughout that great season make up part of the Brazilian driver´s legendary figure, whose shine remains strong to this day.

Now, for the first time fans will have the chance to virtually relive the Senna experience racing to the limits on race tracks around the world, as Reiza Studios is proud to announce a partnership with the Ayrton Senna Institute to develop a new Game for Windows – PC.

With the recently released Game Stock Car, the brazilian developer has already demonstrated its capacity to combine professional level simulation with first-class gameplay, in order to create the most realistic and immersive racing games.

The new project will see Reiza going beyond, combining a brand new Game engine with a meticulous research process – passion and technical perfectionism in the best Senna style, to recreate in all its details a magic era in racing, when Ayrton wrote his history

The new Reiza project will also have a social purpose, as part of the revenue will be destined to the various educational programs developed by the Ayrton Senna Institute all over Brazil, which every year benefits over 2 million children and youngsters with quality public education.

The Ayrton Senna Game is currently under development and is predicted to be released at the end of 2012.

All details concerning this project as well as news about its development will be made available through Reiza´s website at www.reizastudios.com

This post has been promoted to an article

• 9 months later...

Renato Simioni dei Reiza ci dice qualche altra parola sul gioco, in particolare sul rapporto con la Senna Foundation e sul suo ruolo nel progetto

You said that you grew up in the Senna era. I was in front of my TV on the 1st may of 1994. I am not Brazilian but I was shocked. I suppose you were as well. Can you talk about this legend and more about this “Senna Project” wich seems to be very important for you? Why deciding to give half benefits to the Senna foundation?

We dont decide to give anything to the foundation (or rather the Ayrton Senna Institute – the Senna Foundation is a separate institution operating in Europe) – the IAS exists for the purpose of raising funds from the Senna “brand” through product licensing agreements such as ours, and redirecting these funds to the various philantropic activities they promote – mostly towards promoting education and oportunities to brazilian children. So it´s not our option, but certainly a noble cause we´re very proud and happy to be contributing to.

Having managed to get their approval is also something that I´m very proud of, as they dont just license any product for any company that comes knocking on the door – the project has to suit the IAS “ethos” in some way, and they all are individually and personally approved by Viviane Senna, Ayrton´s sister. We were very careful about approaching it the right way, and also at the right time as Reiza is still a very small and young company, and one has to produce the trust we have what it takes to do the Senna name justice.

I suppose part of the reason we got it is precisely because it means so much to not only me, but I´d say everyone in the team, brazilian or not, and to some extent that ends up showing. Not only Senna is a racing legend, but the whole era of motorsports around his time is something that resonates very strongly to this day – and to myself and most in the team it´s represents the origins of our love for the sport. To get the chance to recreate the era, or a chapter of that era in a sim as well and to as large an extent as we possibly can is an ambition that goes way back, even before Reiza itself was originally formed.

That does present some major hurdles however as one can imagine, but we´re working towards piercing all the fundamental parts together. It was very important to get Senna, as even though the project goes way beyond him and the IAS alone, through them we manage to get through a few important doors. It´s by no means an easy road but we´re slowly making progress!

And of course all this has to convert into a Game that is worth all that. There too, we´re making slow but good progress. I wouldnt want to raise expectations too high, not least because there´s still a long long way to go and a few fundamental bits still to be put in place. I suppose underpromising and overdelivering is an approach that has served us well so far, so I´ll stick to it until we´re closer to the finish line.

The insight I could offer I guess is a memory from way back in 1992, as a 12 year-old playing Crammond´s World Circuit, or GP1 for the first time and just being overwhelmed by excitement. It felt like being there – this in a 386 running 8 FPS or whatever it was it could manage back in the day, before the infamous processor occupancy shot over 100% and everything slowed to a near halt! Wouldnt it be something if a sim could raise that sort of excitement again with today´s technology. That´s what we´re looking for – that magic that only a great immersive sim can produce!

• 9 months later...

Qualche notizia sul progetto.

We have been getting a lot of requests for a development update on the Ayrton Senna project. It´s been quite a while since our announcement of the license so we figure it´s time for some news.

What we can say is that we are still developing the game. This is a very ambitious project, which has grown even bigger in scope relative to our original plans. This in turn implicates big challenges from development and licensing perspectives, which as a consequence reflects on the budget required - we are working hard and making slow but steady progress on all these fronts.

This might be a little vague but it´s the best we can offer at this moment. We hope that towards the end of the year we´ll have some more specific news to share.

With this said we do have further interesting news in store for 2013, which we´ll talk about in the next post.

bYvrkgil.png

• 5 months later...

Renato Simioni dei Reiza ha tranquillizzato gli appassionati, per quanto riguarda la licenza Senna acquisita da Gran Turismo 6

We have exclusive rights for Senna on the PC platform. GT6 is naturally PS3 only.

quindi gli utenti PC potranno rivivere il pilota brasiliano grazie ai Reiza

• 6 months later...

per fortuna che hanno la licenza di Ayrton Senna...per ora si è visto poco e niente, peccato questo sarebbe stato il periodo migliore per regalarci qualcosa che lo ricordasse. 

• 8 months later...

bisogna vedere quali sono le premesse.

Sicuramente sarà un gioco di grande richiamo, che potrebbe fare faville su STEAM.

potrebbe anche essere la svolta sull'engine di gioco.

Sicuramente non vogliono buttare via il loro gmotor2 engine pompato, ma un passaggio all'engine di Rfactor2 che già fa tante cose e 64 bit, potrebbe essere la scelta giusta.

anche per il semplice motivo di poter concentrare le proprie risorse su altri aspetti del gioco, o migliorare quelle già presenti. 

ad esempio gli ISI hanno la licenza della Toleman e la NSX, mentre Reiza ha dato Interlagos agli ISI.

Probabilmente REIZA ha già una roadmap, dei miglioramenti all'engine di Rfactor 2 che gli può permettere di avere un'idea su come orientare lo sviluppo del gioco.

potrebbero rilasciarlo come standalone su STEAM, e come mod a pagamento per Rfactor 2 (la vedo dura ma è una possibilità).

L'unico dubbio è...come sviluppi un titolo su licenza che ha come obiettivo quello di rappresentare al meglio la carriera e le imprese di Senna ?

Tenuto conto che le auto ce le hanno già (almeno le mclaren) ;sei fai una modalità carriera, ti prendi la briga di creare moddelli di auto fittizzi di monoposto vere, da piazzare su ogni stagione affrontata da Senna (dal go kart, alla formula ford, alle mercedes dell'inaugurazione del nurburgring alle monoposto delle varie stagioni).

Le piste ? ok Interlagos ce l'hai, ma manca tutto il resto. Può anche essere che abbiano la licenza di altre piste, ma non puoi averle tutte.

Se fai una modalità sfida, dove rivivi i momenti più eslatanti di Senna, devi per forza avere i tracciati.

Se fai una modalità multiplayer, il problema principale è che tutti sceglieranno le mclaren, lotus e così via. Perchè è più bello vincere con una macchina di Senna invece che vincere con una macchina fittizia.

moddabilità....sarà possibile editare i file ? visto il prestigio del nome non lo darei al 100% come certo.

Detto questo, rimango in trepida attesa di avere maggiori notizie sul progetto, anche se la prospettiva di un'ipotetico rilascio è solo per il 2016.